View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987
Question Morales v Marquez on the cards?

Just speculation at this point, but the more I think about it, the more logical it becomes.

Morales has been working down to 140lbs since his comeback, he's already been gifted a WBC 'Silver' light-welterweight title with his 6 round destruction of Willie Limond.

Marquez obviously has fought as high as 147lbs against Mayweather, and there was talk of him moving to 140lbs before the second Juan Diaz fight was announced.

It's an opportunity for the only fighters in the Fab Four of Morales, Marquez, Barrera and Pacquiao to finally fight each other and complete the entire set. It's obviously two huge names, and it's a chance for both to become the first Mexican to win titles in 4 different weight divisions.

The problem would be the belt they target. I'm not sure it's a fight the IBF would look for, it's got a WBC title fight written all over it, especially as they've given Morales that silver title. Obviously Alexander is the champion at the moment and the belt will go to the winner of his fight with Bradley.

The more I think about it, I'm thinking the WBC will find a reason to strip the winner of that fight [the winner being likely to face the winner of Khan/Maidana, so it will probably be that they will strip Bradley/Alexander of the belt for taking a unification instead and not fulfilling a mandatory].

So, do you think this fight will come off. If so, who do you think will win? Will it be Marquez, who would probably be a heavy favourite on current form, or Morales, underdog but probably regenerated after his break and subsequent calculated comeback?

EDIT: Sorry, ****ed up the poll. Last option is supposed to be Morales via stoppage/DQ, so select that if you think he will stop Marquez or win via disqualification and I will try and find a way to fix the poll.
TommyV is offline  Top
Sponsored Links