View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987
Default Re: Morales v Marquez on the cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsLeader View Post
I doubt he will beat Marquez. I know JMM isn't the msot comfortable at 140, but it's not a huge step up in weight and he will likely retain a large portion of his speed and power from 135. Morales seemes weight drained before the Limond fight, and was getting outboxed by Limond for portions of that fight. As we know, Limond isn't a particularly good fighter so Marquez would be a big step up in class for Morales post-comeback. In my opinion, he is far too past it to beat JMM, and Morales would get comfortably decisioned. It is likely this fight will happen, but it could hinge on wether Marquez can get past Katsidis.
Yeah I know, I think Marquez will end up stopping him. He's still up there with the world-elite and Morales obviously at this point isn't. It's one match-up where you don't really look at style and it all hangs on the class disparity at this point.

I think the match-up could still happen even if Katsidis manages to beat Marquez. I don't think the will, I think unfortunately for the Aussie, Marquez will find huge gaps in his defence and pick him apart for a comfortable points win/possibly late cuts stoppage. I think even if he loses though, he's still a name enough to get a title shot at 140. I think it's largely dependant on both Morales beating Barrios, and on the WBC [i.e, whether they want the fight and whether they are going to find a way to make the title vacant].
TommyV is offline  Top