View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
SportsLeader
Chilling
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Morales v Marquez on the cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
Yeah I know, I think Marquez will end up stopping him. He's still up there with the world-elite and Morales obviously at this point isn't. It's one match-up where you don't really look at style and it all hangs on the class disparity at this point.

I think the match-up could still happen even if Katsidis manages to beat Marquez. I don't think the will, I think unfortunately for the Aussie, Marquez will find huge gaps in his defence and pick him apart for a comfortable points win/possibly late cuts stoppage. I think even if he loses though, he's still a name enough to get a title shot at 140. I think it's largely dependant on both Morales beating Barrios, and on the WBC [i.e, whether they want the fight and whether they are going to find a way to make the title vacant].
Jose Sulaiman likes him his Mexicano's. If the bout's for a title belt, it's more than likely to be the WBC.

I'd rather Marquez fought Soto before moving up. I don't particularly like Soto, and it would be good for Maruez to unify another belt at 135 before potentially fighting Morales. I think he could comfortably control the lightweight division for the remainder of his career. However I fear he will chase a trilogy with Pacman to no end, and with the added weight and Marquez's own deterioration, that could be potentially career ending for Marquez. I want him to fulfill his legacy, but fighting Pacquiao is not a good idea for JMM.
SportsLeader is offline  Top