View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
Slacker
Big & Slow
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Big Daddy's Boxing Log - The making of a legend.

During August and September we had some family issues going on, and I wasn't boxing until late in September again.

The nagging feeling that I was avoiding the ring instead of "manning up" got me working out again. My plan was to get into better shape, practice at home or another gym, then show up at the Shamrock and hopefully pickup where I left off.

After several home workouts where I was recording my heavybag and DEB work, I found some flaws I was working on. It turns out that both of my kids are interested in boxing, especially my son who is only 17 months old. He puts on the glove and runs to the bag to wail on it. Its so funny.

My daughter and I have been checking out gyms in the area and she seems interested in working out with me, which is awesome.

I've been getting in 2 runs and 1 or 2 boxing sessions on a bad week. On a good week I might get in 3 runs and two boxing workouts.

Mostly, I am working on the 1+2-sidestep, 1+2+3+4, 1+5+3, 1+6+2+3 and mixing in the overhand right. I am also working on the DEB, mostly 1+2's, but some 3's and 4's also.
Slacker is offline  Top