Old 10-31-2010, 05:34 PM   #42
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rate the Chances of these European Heavies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Not really, I think he stands in the same spot for about 30 seconds at a time and at other times he has a really odd movement where he waddles like some type of penguin. I will say he's accurate though, he found lovely punches to stop Skelton and Batchelder.

My point is if he had somebody like Povetkin or Arreola even Glazkov on him he'd be in a bit of trouble because he doesn't really fight like he could outbox somebody that will maintain work-rate, the way Batchelder was cutting him down and outmaneouvring him until Pulev found that shot was concerning and at the same time he's not going to stop everyone because he's not a murderous puncher. Something about him as an overall package does not add up to me.
I don't think Pulev is a grind it out go to war type of fighter by design. Neither is Wlad. The question is, can any of the young guns take Pulev's quick left and stinging combinations, without losing heart and make it a war? They all have a plan until they get hit. Pulev's toughest match up will be vs. a guy with a top level chin, who also has power and heart.

I do think Pulev can move around the ring rather well when he wants to. He needs to stay under 245. I think 235 would be perfect for him.
Mendoza is offline  Top