Old 11-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #32
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: DIMITRENKO/SOSNOWSKI - official dec 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDeluxe View Post
i don't understand what everyone here sees in Dimitrenko to easy win a UD....

i think Sosnowski is a improved boxer and would give Dimitrenko a real tough fight. Dimitrenko has size, but he doesn't use it like Wlad and Vitali do, so Sosnowski can open up to more punches on the Ukranians face. I think Sosnowski got this and will win, comfortably too.
I agree with this. I want to like Dimitrenko, but he makes it tough. Good size and strength, yet doesn't do anything particularly well. Decent jab, not great. Not a lot of power. He also stays too squared up and has all that surface area makes him not that difficult to hit. If he could make the jab more ramrod, he'd be a better fighter.

Sosnowski is no world beater. Do not discount the experience he picked up fighting Williams and Vitali. And I do think his style is bad for Dimitrenko. If Sosnowksi can impose his strength and aggression on Dimitrenko, I think he could he could get a knockout between 7 and 9.

I'd like to see a version of Dimitrenko that learned from the Chambers loss and has tightened up his game some, but something tells me he gets stopped here.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top