conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847
Default Re: Abraham would put Ward on queer street

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsoulja View Post
Some solid points.

I aint ever seen AA roughed up in the inside, but AA has a better chance if his opponent comes to him in the inside, than jab him off at long range.

This is why I think Froch will look better than Ward, with AA as a common opponent.

AA is a strong man, and has heart. And he aint exactly a haymaker puncher he has a good straight right, aswell as a decent left hook and when he aint being outboxed at long range, he can put togethor decent combos. I dont think AA will allow Ward to maul him in the inside, he would respond in the same way.

Ward's best way is to be in and out, and use angles with his better footwork. If he stays in AA's range for too long he will get hurt and put on queer street eventually because AA carries his power to the final bell.

AA's range is, it turns out, not all that dynamic. He doesn't fight on the inside. He doesn't fight on the outside. He likes it just right.

Jermain Taylor stood right in front of him, not too close, not too far, and didn't move an inch. It was just right for AA.

If we learned something about AA last night, isn't it that he's not a very skilled boxer. At all. Didn't we learn that? (I also learned that he is a veritable midget)

And here you are making an argument that he'll knock out Ward, a guy who, exciting or not, is a very skilled and eminently crafty and elusive boxer. Who just beat a guy who is perhaps twice as strong as AA.

I'm not persuaded by your analysis, although I do see where you're coming from.
conraddobler is offline  Top