Old 12-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #23
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Default Re: Anthony Mundine Defeated by Reality TV star

Quote:
Originally Posted by left jab danny View Post
On the first issue I'm not really sure why Danny retired,at the time i was like WTF your retiring now!
We all know what he said in the media about waking up in the middle of the night or some shit with a gut feeling or whatever to retire.
To be honest i would like to see him fight Garay just so that once he'd knock him out people people will stop with this bullshit of "Danny retired cause he didn't want to face Garay".
Hugo is a tailor made opponent for Danny with his come forward wide swing punching style
Now i hate to tell you but Danny actually clearly stated that he was coming back for 2 reasons.
1.rematch choc
2.set up his young family with some extra $$$.
So Danny has never said that he isnt coming back for cash,he may have said "money isn't the only reason he came back".
Honestly when he came out of retirement he thought he would have 2 tune up fights b4 taking on choc and basically that was going to be it win lose or draw against choc.
Now onto the IBO belt,after choc said he wasn't interested in a rematch GMP started negotiating with RJJ and the only way for them to get RJJ to agree to a fight was to get a cruiserweight title so he went to America and picked up the IBO trinket belt.
That trinket belt sealed the deal for 1 of the biggest fights on Australian shores.
So while your having a go at him because he gets a bit of media attention when was the last time Kat,Vic and co every brought a fighter like RJJ to Australia?
What about the oppotunities Greeny gives to fighters like young wild Will,Kickett,Garlett,Wills bros and the like?
Ask any fighter thats fought on a GMP card and they will tell you how well they were treated and paid.

With the first issue, it would have been good to see him defend the title a few times, it does raise eyebrows as to why he retired with a legit title that has mandatory defences only to come back and win a title that does not and as such allows him to run a monopoly on such title and pawn his fights off as legit world title fights to the unsuspecting boxing fan out there.

I know Danny was coming back to fight Choc, that to me was a sign that he wanted to redeem the loss and stamp his credibility and legacy in Australian boxing because lets face it LJD, Mundine vs Green was the biggest fight in Australian History for a very long time, bigger than the RJJ fight. Almost every pub was full that night of the Mundine vs Green and brawls broke out across Australia in every state. RJJ was shot to sht, its like trying to bring out Holyfeild etc, i will admit i didnt think Danny could win it but in saying that RJJ had been stopped before and Danny had a punchers chance in doing just that. Props to him for doing so but when you defeat a ledgend you become one and then fight Siaca and Briggs?

The second point about why he come back is wrong mate, ill say it in a nice way cause u seem like a decent bloke and theres no need to take the piss so here it is ..

Quote:
"Money hasn't been the motivation for this comeback.

"If it was about money I would have signed on then and there eight months ago.

"This is about me, this is about pride, this is about squaring up the ledger."

In 2006, Mundine won the first encounter between the pair at super middleweight in a unanimous points decision in front of 30,000 fans at Sydney Football Stadium.

Green and his manager ****** Manolikos met with Mundine's manager Khoder Nasser last week and it seems money will be the only sticking point for Mundine.

"There are two things guaranteed in life - me whipping Danny Green and taxes," Mundine said ahead of his clash with Shannon Taylor on Wednesday.

"I'm a middleweight now and my intentions are to be the undisputed middleweight champion.

"If Green wants to come in and have this fight - obviously he'd want me to jump from middleweight to light heavyweight, which is seven kilos.

"I'm not saying I wouldn't do it but the money's got to be right.

"They pay me what I want, I'll whip that arse again, all day."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/other-sp...-1111118807601
Intresting about what he says in terms of the money and then what cumdine has to say about the sticking point. One would think if Money wasnt the issue with Green and what he said was true then he would fight for practicly nothing just to get cumdine to LHW and knock him the fark out? but alas we have to settle for a retarded crash tackle fighter in Garth Woods to do it all for a measly 350k. I bet you my balls that Cumdine and Kodine would have jumped over hoops if Greens manager come back and said 300k and you guys keep the rest, LHW lets get it on.

Its always been about the money mate, never about the pride for these two im sorry to be the one to point this out to you. I was a huge mundine fan and i mean HUGE, i had to come to this realisation myself a few yrs ago. Ive meet cumdine a few times, ring side at his fights, interviewd him etc but enough is enough, u can only take people for a ride for so long before they wake up and move on. I honestly feel Green is just lke cumdine not as worse but not far from it. And i do think Green would knock cumdine the fark out if they fought at LHW.

The last point mate about kat etc not bringing out the fighters is because these guys dnt have the money or backing to do so, VIC might but he doesnt make enough money doing so, so its not worth it for him, his money is in US of A they love him over there more than they do in Aussie.

In some ways we have cumdine to thank for the RJJ fight because without cumdine vs Green and all the money that Green made from it he would never had been able to pay RJJ 4 million dollars.

Time to move on i rekon and focus on the guys like Katsidis and Vic, Vic has a tough fight coming up and we should all get behind him.
TCboxa is offline  Top