Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tim Witherspoon vs Wladimir Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygun711 View Post
Peter doesn't compare to a prime spoon

and lets not pretend that wlad is a much better fighter then he was when he was younger, as a younger fighter he threw more combos and was more aggressive and athletic. the new Stewart wlad uses more of a jab and grab approach (with an occasional right hand) to make sure he doesn't get nailed on that glass chin. take a good puncher like spoon and I don't think wlad will win.
People always say that wlad is so much better then before. part of this is because he hasn't faced very good fighters lately and Witherspoon would definitely be the best of the klitschkos opponents.
In the sense of power only, Peter compares well to Witherspoon. It's not a matter of pretending. The man has heavy, heavy hands.

Wlad is definitely more effective now than earlier. Maybe not as entertaining but his fights are white washes and he keeps the belt and ergo the money. I give Chag, Peter, Byrd and Chambers all decent chances against Spoon. Perhaps you need to remove the rose-tinted glasses. I lived through that dude's career and he could really stink out a joint with his non-efforts, even when winning!
Seamus is online now  Top