Old 12-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #35
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tim Witherspoon vs Wladimir Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
I unfortunately have paid to watch Witherspoon "perform" in the ring. People here need a reality check. He had some tools but was an inconsistent and ultimately underwhelming fighter. Such is the level of delusion here that scrubs from one of the weakest eras of the division now dispatch one of the very best heavies of the past 40 year with ease. Obviously, it offers little guidance that similar estimations have been made of so many reigning champions over the past hundred + years.
Seamus, I have to agree with you on this one, I think this was a weak an unmotivated era and Witherspoon could be the poster boy....I think one of the reasons Holmes did so well is that he was always in shape (an odd thing for this era) and was carefully managed and navigated. The fact that Michael Spinks could win a title in his 1st fight as a heavyweight and being the 1st light-heavyweight Champion to do so, should say something about the 80's (Page,Tubbs,Witherspoon,Smith, were an unmotivated bunch and I think this is one of the weakest era's but that just my viewpoint
Bummy Davis is online now  Top