View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #4
rooq
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Next for Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
The weight is not the issue here.Hatton simply isnt good enough to face the big guns at 47.This is entirely due to his style.If he faces Cotto Cintron DLH Marg Williams Shane etc etc he gets hurt and probably stopped in an even more devastating fashion. Of course his better off at 140 theres no one really there anymore.The belt holders are relative unknowns who dont have much buying power.His next fight in my opinion needs to be vs Wittter for the WBC.He can take his anger out on him.
he's definitely not big enough to compete with any of the welterweights, and now he's already faced the p4p number 1, i don't think theres much else to do. i.e. facing williams or cintron is just unrealistic. cotto would still be just about possible (with hatton as big underdog), but i don't think it will happen now that hatton has lost his 0. cotto will be wanting mayweather.

maybe he'll fight witter which tbh will only mean something to hardcore boxing fans (the guy can't even sell out the donny dome). or malignaggi if he still wants to fight in america. other than that, the only meaningful fight i can see is if he waits for juan diaz to move up to lww.
rooq is offline  Top