View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #8
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Which of these light heavyweights has the best chance to beat jones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Lyoto would be the most interesting to me.
Agree.

I'm still skeptical though. Machica always backs away and looks to counter, is very difficult to keep on his back, and is really quick to get back on his feet, and probably one of the fastest guys in the scramble I have ever seen. Like when nobody has dominant position and there is a fight for it on the ground, Lyoto is the fastest guy I've seen.

He takes advantage of positioning and understands controlling distance as much as Jones does.

The thing is, its really hard to fight off the back foot against a guy who doesn't mind moving forward and seems to understand how to utilize his reach advantage very well.

Like If Jones chases Machida, its not going to be easy for Machida to set up big counters because of Jones' reach. Machida has to literally dive into strikes to effectively counter, which Jones expects.. He cant do this not set and strike from odd angles if he cant reach Jones.

Against someone like Hendo, all we can hope is hendo wades in and lands a bomb..

I think Jones is going to dominate for a long time.. He's a very good heavy who's fighting at light heavy.

Anderson Silva is a very good light heavy fighting at middle.

Anderson vs Jones would make the most interesting fight to me.
Koa is offline  Top