View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #88
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685
Default Re: who is the greatest of all time? vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Janitor has it nailed as far as Fitz goes. The more you dig, the deeper the rabbit hole goes. I think he's right in the mix.
Janitor is 100% right. It isnt that long ago, that i doubt i would have even considered putting Fitz in the top 10, and i now drive everyone mad about his greatness. And i dont know anybody at all, who has started to dig a bit deeper on him who hasnt had to stop and admit that there ranking of him has to improve considerably.

While jumping into the rabbit hole, here is something that most people (not necessarilly you) will not have realised, but it is right in front of you. Under modern rules, Fitz did more damage to Jeffries than Lennox Lewis did to Vitali Klitchsko. Therefore, under modern rules, he almost certainly has two wins over the giant sized Jim Jeffries, as a light heavyweight. Wins which would probably go down as the greatest light heavyweight and possibly pound for pound win ever. His resume doesnt stand on it, of course, but those 2 performances is probably as impressive a performance from anyone who is old and past prime, as has ever been fought.
Boilermaker is offline  Top