View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #17
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami at ufc rio(in brazil)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBonos View Post
Well so much for the biggest fight in MMA history, with one promoter calling the shots no less. While I think that GSP is scared of Silva I blame ZUFFA because they can easily make the fight if they offered both men a fraction of the PPV profits for this one mega-fight. Instead they rather protect their cashcow and the fans have no problem with this since they will eat up anything that Dana tells them.

I can see Okami beating Silva if he survives the first two rounds, this being a 5 round fight will greatly benefit him.
1) They do get a fraction of the pay per view profits.

2) You don't know whether Silva-GSP has been cancelled or whether this is merely an interim fight for Silva

3) If Silva-GSP has been cancelled you have no way of knowing what teh reasons are and whether more money would have made the difference

4) When Silva-Okami was cancelled people were coming on here *****inga bout the UFC not abiding by their contender eliminator matches and putting money ahead of sport. Just shows that some people will always find someting to whinge about
Will Cooling is offline  Top