View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 03:57 AM   #69
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where is Marvin Hagler in your Top Middleweights ATG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senya13
Well, I guess my problem with ranking Greb at middleweight is that absolute majority of rankings put him at middleweight and usually in Top 5, while refusing a place at middleweight for RJJ, for example, claiming most of his meaningful fights had taken place above 160lb. There's double standard, allowing this to one fighter, and refusing a place there to the other, although the circumstances are almost identical.
Yeah I understand that. I'm all for giving Jones a high middleweight ranking myself, even if my positioning of him would take account of how he performed at heigher weights. Something always gnaws at me when I see Bernard Hopkins placed higher than him at middleweight. It's hard to accept. Jones beats him and beats everyone Hopkins beat any day of the week.

I rate Mayweather higher than Jose Luis Castillo at lightweight and and I think Castillo actually beat Floyd once. You can imagine how I feel about Hopkins being higher than Jones when Jones pretty much breezed past him. (Hopkins of course hadn't yet peaked, but I saw nothing in his peak that would suggest that he could get beyond an 8-4 with a two handed Jones).
sweet_scientist is offline  Top