Thread: Irish Boxing
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 06:28 AM   #35
ardy
UP THE IRISH
ESB Addict

vCash: 1153
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Good to hear from you ML, I watched the Ward-Neary fight on Sky box office.I agree, it was a fantastic scrap. Duddy is makeing big waves in NY.I hope it continues and the Irish community stick with him. I was at his fight at the Kings Hall Belfast. 6500 in attendence. The atmosphere was electric. We are all hopeing he comes back soon.

ML, Could you come on to this thread again and share with us any info you acquire, about Irish or Irish-American fighters.

Slan Ardy

[I'm a big fan of Irish fighters on both sides of the pond. However, the day of the irish American fighter is over and im glad we can make a home for Irish fighters like Duddy and Lee. I go to all of Duddy's fights in Ny and the atmosphere is top notch. I also met Lee in a bar in Ny and he is a real gentleman. If he were based in a northeast city like Boston his popularity would be off the scales. If you guys have not see the clasjh between Irish American Micky Ward and Irishman from Liverpool Shea Neary you should definatly check io out its a toe to toe war. I hope Lee and Duddy keep up the winning tradition.[/quote]
ardy is offline  Top