Old 05-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #34
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588
Default Re: John Ruiz Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by round15 View Post
In the words of John McEnroe Seamus, YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS?
The disease that is John Ruiz? I rather talk about a Butterbean appreciation thread or a Jimmy Thunder from down under appreciation thread.

Everything about Ruiz was wrong for the sport IMO. Still, just my opinion.
Wait a minute, someone please tell me he's not coming out of retirement or making noise about challenging the Klitschko's? That's beyond madness! Ruiz is in the greatest place right now, "Never heard from him again Island." Too bad MMA couldn't pry him away.

If I can say one kind thing about Ruiz is the fact that he actually took up the sport, and any man brave enough to get in the squared circle and throw punches(despite Ruiz rarely doing so, more holding), earns my praise, so I'll give him that. Nothing else. Oh, he's the greatest whiner, complainer and purveyor of turning body shots from his opponent into low blows.

His acting is on par with soccer player dives.
Exactly. Ruiz was a disgrace to boxing. He held excessively in virtually every fight he had above the tomato can level, and blatantly faked low blows in others to get convenient point deductions and in one case (Johnson) to force a DQ. Ruiz is on a par with Luis Santana as one of the most undeserved cheaters to ever "win" a world title.
Zakman is offline  Top