View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #36
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rank these "Top 5 Defeated Opponents" by Ali, Holyfield & Lewis in overall H2H or

Originally Posted by crippet View Post
Lewis' wins over Golota, Ruddock and Tua are far superior than the Rachman or Bruno wins and probably better than the Mercer one too
I think Golota, Ruddock take Rahman too in athth matuch, but i think you almost had to put hiim on here .. As those 2 wee smoked by Lewis.. And this was also a bigger win as he was getting revenge on the guy who embarrased him and laid him out..,,, And i disagree about Mercer not being a good win(even though i had it even).Lewis showed he had heart, and that he could turn it up when he had too, also showed a good chin in this fight.. Mercer of 95,96 was much better than the . wild clubbber who kod Morrison and was schooled by old Larry... Ray was faster,. threw more punches in bunches,and showed a very good jab, IN 92,93, Mercer was just a wild clubber who got by on his punch and chin.definitely deserves to be on this list.. He took the 2 best Hw of that era to the wire and some though he pulled the Lewis fight out,,

I wasnt impressed with the win over Tua... Tua looked like he didnt even try and Lewis was content to paw and jab and keep him at a distance.. Nothing impressive about keeping a passive, and 8 inches shorter fighter was just happy to be there. I think they made an agreemnet before the fight Lewis told him if you dont rush on all fired up throwing power punches, i promise to not lay heavy leather in return., ill jsut paw and throw jabs to make it look like im putting on a masterful performance.
anarci is offline  Top