View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #36
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rank these "Top 5 Defeated Opponents" by Ali, Holyfield & Lewis in overall H2H or

Quote:
Originally Posted by crippet View Post
Lewis' wins over Golota, Ruddock and Tua are far superior than the Rachman or Bruno wins and probably better than the Mercer one too
I think Golota, Ruddock take Rahman too in athth matuch, but i think you almost had to put hiim on here .. As those 2 wee smoked by Lewis.. And this was also a bigger win as he was getting revenge on the guy who embarrased him and laid him out..,,, And i disagree about Mercer not being a good win(even though i had it even).Lewis showed he had heart, and that he could turn it up when he had too, also showed a good chin in this fight.. Mercer of 95,96 was much better than the . wild clubbber who kod Morrison and was schooled by old Larry... Ray was faster,. threw more punches in bunches,and showed a very good jab, IN 92,93, Mercer was just a wild clubber who got by on his punch and chin.definitely deserves to be on this list.. He took the 2 best Hw of that era to the wire and some though he pulled the Lewis fight out,,

I wasnt impressed with the win over Tua... Tua looked like he didnt even try and Lewis was content to paw and jab and keep him at a distance.. Nothing impressive about keeping a passive, and 8 inches shorter fighter was just happy to be there. I think they made an agreemnet before the fight Lewis told him if you dont rush on all fired up throwing power punches, i promise to not lay heavy leather in return., ill jsut paw and throw jabs to make it look like im putting on a masterful performance.
anarci is offline  Top