View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #45
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Rank these "Top 5 Defeated Opponents" by Ali, Holyfield & Lewis in overall H2H or

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBoxer View Post

1. Some of the bombs Lewis took from Tua. Clean left hooks that were known to be devastating, Lewis absorbed them well, i think its a great fight for helping put the myth of the Lewis glass jaw to sleep, especially because i think most consider Tua to be a very big puncher.
I honestly dont recall being impressed with any of the shots Tua landed....They might have looked like they were flush, but they werent as hard or clean as you think,Lewis was able to keep him in perfect range and prevent Tua from doing much damage. Tua was also pretty laid back and only occasionly threw wild haymakers,that missed completely or didnt land clean, Tua was a huge puncher if he hit you right,but had no where near the shapness,speed or timing that Tyson had, some of his lot of his shot were thudding,strong but no ko punches.. A few of those punches you are talking about that landed on Lewis Kind of like the shots Maidana landed on Kahn in the late rounds,looked flush and scary considering the reps of the guys throwing them,, btu really didnt have much on them.
anarci is offline  Top