View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #49
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How good was Dempseys totle reign?Lets look at who he fought. Willard-In many pe

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarry View Post
the difference between myself and you is that i understand boxing history having followed the sport for more than 40yrs... i voted A+ and you voted C

name me any other Heavyweight champion in history who had World title fights that was as exciting or as legendary in terms of historical fights as Jack Dempsey.

Dempsey v Firpo - most knock downs and wildest most brutal fight in heavyweight history

Dempsey v Willard - most brutal demolition of any heavyweight champion in history with Willard suffering broken jaw, cheeck-bone, eye-socket, ribs and loss of teeth.

Dempsey v Tunney - Battle of the Long Count

Add to this the million dollar gates and Jack Dempsey was rightly in a League of his own as the greatest fighting machine who ever lived....... JAB scored him a C

The difference is that you're close minded with inflexible opinions who can't justify an A+ rating for Dempseys reign. Most exciting doesn't justify weak comp.

Most knock downs and the (arguably) worst heavyweight champion doesn't justify weak comp.

Long counts and gate receipts don't justify weak comp. Well, maybe gate receipts do, but it doesn't change the fact.
JAB5239 is online now  Top