iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665
Default Re: Irish Boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy
Is Paul McCloskey the dark horse of Irish boxing

Dungivens Lightwelter prospect Paul McCloskey believes he's ready to step into the ring with Englands British and European Champion Colin Lynes. The County Derry boy [ he happens to be close friends with John Duddy] has come on leaps and bounds since promoter Brian Peters has "taken over the reins" of his career. The County Meath Promoter has kept Paul busy,and now the 28 year old McCloskey has found himself appearing on RTE2 on a regular basis.
There has been speculation that Peters will attemp to lure Lynes to Ireland to defend both his titles in what would be a another great night for Irish boxing.But first the 30 year old champion must make a defence of his European title in January.
Assuming Lynes defends successfully, Peters will then be opening talks with Matchroom [Lynes promters] to thrash out a deal. A veteran of 33 contests [ 3 defeats], Lynes is vastly more experienced than the undefeated McCloskey 14-0 [7TKOs] and would most certainly be a huge step up in class for the ambitious Irishman.
But in my opinion this is a fight McCloskey can win. And the ironic thing is, while all Irish fans are talking about Duddy, Lee and Dunne winning major titles,McCloskey may beat them to it.

Slan Ardy
He has looked good in his last few fights albeit against very average competition
iceman is offline  Top