Old 07-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #9
C.J.Rock
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: riddick bowe......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigG
..saddened to see that riddick is embarking on another comeback...the diffference between him and holyfield would appear to be that riddick is severely delusional about his abilities and general health......reading the article made me think about bowes fistic acheivments, and, that there is a case for him having had the potential to have been one of the greatest.....ever......for me, bowe ranks with tyson as the most entertaining heavyweight of his generation.....likeable, quotable, funny....the guy had something you cant buy or bottle...personality.....and boy could he fight....a horrendous defence, most of his big fights resembled street fights with rules....fast hands, a devastating upercut and a willingness to brawl with all and sundry.....lets remember bowe for what he was, a huge guy with huge talent that burned oh so brightly for a short time......lets not let his memory be sullied if he continues to shamble around a ring
chasing that most elusive and fleet footed foe..past greatness..
Lets not forget his cowardice either The way he ran from Lennox Lewis was disgraceful. What good fighter can you think of that would stage the " WBC belt in the garbage " stunt he pulled because he was scared shitless of Lennox. Lets not forget the fat slob he turned into either If he fought like he ate he might have been the fighter you describe
His meory was pemanently sullied then I my book he was NEVER undisputed champ he renaged on the contract so it was null and void
What a huge waste of talent he was
C.J.Rock is offline  Top