View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #18
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 505
Default Re: How long would it take (to train at boxing) and be able to defend yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzz View Post
You seem to know me pretty well for having never met me

I don't wear anything on my sleeve. All of the fights I've been in were because some idiot put 2 and 2 together and felt he needed to stand up for his "manhood". But here's a better question, who cares if someone "wears" their *******uality on their sleeve (whatever the hell that's suppose to mean), does that give you a right to harass them either verbally or physically? I don't get offended when I see a 5'8" white kid with a do-rag acting like he grew up in the slums off 8-mile.
Completely missing my point. It's fine to be obviously gay. It's also not a wise choice in some areas. Sure, you have the right to do whatever you want and nobody has a right to abuse you for it...but some people will. If you aren't able/inclined to beat them back, then why ask for it in the first place? Discretion is the better part of valor. (or however that phrase goes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzz View Post
I can fight, just not well. Simply getting into fights isn't going to make you a good fighter, the same way moving chess pieces randomly on a chessboard isn't going to make you a grandmaster.
Everyone who isn't a quadrapalegic can fight. My point was that, for someone who isn't much of a fighter, you get into a lot of fights. That indicates you're doing something wrong. See above. People who don't know you shouldn't be able to put 2 and 2 together. That's what 'wearing it on your sleeve means.' Yeah, in a perfect world....but that's life dude. A hundred years from now it won't be that way, but for now, if it's getting your ass kicked why go through that?
KillSomething is online now  Top