View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #19
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How long would it take (to train at boxing) and be able to defend yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzz View Post

I don't wear anything on my sleeve. All of the fights I've been in were because some idiot put 2 and 2 together and felt he needed to stand up for his "manhood".
Thing is a fight is started by both people, so you were trying to prove your "manhood" too. If a guy comes up and punches you and you fight back, that's self defence, completely different to a fight. If you get yourself into a fight, like you said you have and you don't even know how to defend yourself or attack you deserve to get beat. Killsomething is saying you have the option to walk away, you choose not to and start or force a fight instead. That in itself is the wrong way to go.

Like I said in an earlier post (which you chose to completely ignore, even though it's the most realistic answer to your question) boxing is not for self defence, Krav Maga is. Why people are saying after x amount of months you'll be able to defend yourself I don't know, it's complete bullshit. It always comes down to the practitioner, you can't put a timeline on an individual's progression. This is why I'm saying do a martial art which is aimed exactly at what you need to learn. Although I'm sure you'll ignore this post to as it isn't what you want to hear, but realities a bitch.

Last edited by viru§™; 06-03-2011 at 08:11 PM.
viru§™ is offline  Top