View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #21
kyzz
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: How long would it take (to train at boxing) and be able to defend yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
Completely missing my point. It's fine to be obviously gay. It's also not a wise choice in some areas. Sure, you have the right to do whatever you want and nobody has a right to abuse you for it...but some people will. If you aren't able/inclined to beat them back, then why ask for it in the first place? Discretion is the better part of valor. (or however that phrase goes).
I still don't get your point, and quite frankly I don't think you get it either.

Quote:
Everyone who isn't a quadrapalegic can fight. My point was that, for someone who isn't much of a fighter, you get into a lot of fights. That indicates you're doing something wrong. See above. People who don't know you shouldn't be able to put 2 and 2 together. That's what 'wearing it on your sleeve means.' Yeah, in a perfect world....but that's life dude. A hundred years from now it won't be that way, but for now, if it's getting your ass kicked why go through that?
If you look at the context of my post I said I've gotten into many fights recently (within the last few months), I didn't say "hey guys, I've been getting into fights every week for the last 10 years...", hence why I made this thread.

Of course walking away is the correct answer, but in these cases I chose not to (an example you'll see when I respond to viru§)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Like I said in an earlier post (which you chose to completely ignore, even though it's the most realistic answer to your question)
I ignored your previous post because it made no sense, completely discrediting the fact that being a good boxer can make you a good fighter, at least that's what various professional fighters have said (but what do they know?)

Quote:
Thing is a fight is started by both people, so you were trying to prove your "manhood" too. If a guy comes up and punches you and you fight back, that's self defence, completely different to a fight. If you get yourself into a fight, like you said you have and you don't even know how to defend yourself or attack you deserve to get beat. Killsomething is saying you have the option to walk away, you choose not to and start or force a fight instead. That in itself is the wrong way to go.
Here's what happened during the last fight I was in.

Me and 4 of my friends (two girls, two guys) were in a 'pizza pizza' (it's like Little Caesars but Canadian) and we're minding our own business, just talking to eachother. So some idiot yells from across the restaurant "Keep it down faggots" over and over again...the two guys working there at the time did nothing, but neither did we...we kept talking (ignoring him) and minding our own business. So he walks up to our table by himself, clearly trying to impress his girlfriend and his 2 friends at the other table, and tells us "why do you keep looking at my table" (mind you NO ONE was looking at him EXCEPT when he told us to "keep it down"), he was just trying to instigate something.

So I respond:
"excuse me?"
"I told you to shut the **** up why won't you shut the **** up?"
"I heard you, I just didn't care"
"get the **** out of here bitch"
"umm, no, we're good"

So he grabs the plastic plate my pizza is on and slides it off the table, then I grabbed my drink and threw it in his face. Then we started fighting, cops were called, we were both told to leave and go our separate ways.

Could I have simply left the restaurant after he threw my pizza on the ground? Sure, but I chose not to.
kyzz is offline  Top