View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 08:42 PM   #29
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Default Re: weight lifting...why such different views on it in boxing???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
Please show me an example of great boxers that lift weights in mid-heavy range you are talking about. Look at the link with Frank Bruno and Mike Tyson. Mike says it...

-Shane Mosley started lifting when he went to WW and JMW, and he looked like shit as a result. When he was a lightweight, fast, powerful, great endurance)
-Early Tyson didn't do weights except shrugs, and he was faster, and much better. When he came out of prison and fought Lewis he did lift and weighed even 20lbs more than in his prime and his speed was effected badly.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/ty...1988-a-276738/

-ODH when he was in his prime didn't lift and he was very good(I don't remember the name of his best trainer, too many to recall).
-Pavlik vs Martenez he used a Physical Therapist and looked like shit slower and way worse. But when he was doing old school shit, he looked way better.
-Winky Wright started using all kinds of gadgets and trainers, and started to look terrible, I don't know what he was doing before that though.

-BHOP doesn't lift weights all old school shit as the main course. Then some new shit to augment it.
-Lennox Lewis said he doesn't think weight lifting works if I remember on Boxing after dark.
damn good points. I'd say weight lifting can't be too harmful to your legs though. The added strength and maybe size would make you faster and bouncier
bballchump11 is offline  Top