View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #43
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Would this be as important as Foreman's victory over Moorer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets
What if???

What if Evander Holyfield got the chance to challenge for Maskaev's title, and won? It is not a crazy thought. Oleg fights like a big, less talented, Kostya Tszyu. That style seems in the realm of concurring for the old man. Would any of you give him the same credit Foreman got over Moorer?

I wouldn't. I believe that when Moorer beat Holyfield, which was debatable, that Moorer was recognized as the top fighter in the division. Much like Klitschko is now. Holyfield would have to face Wlad, in order to find a similarity status wise. If Holyfield were able to beat Wladimir, then I think that would top big George's Moorer victory. That would be highly unlikely, and it is just too dangerous a fight for Evander to take.
The heavy title is devalued now,splintered,Id like to see Evander hang them up,but I suppose he has an outside shot at the likes of Maskaev,and co ,Wlad would hurt him significantly I think,his courage would gaurantee he took a bad beating,the crown s prestige has fallen to the level of the 1930s,its the smaller men carrying the game on their shoulders now.
mcvey is offline  Top