View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
Ylem
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Critique my technique? (shadowboxing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo2176 View Post
I'll second that suggestion. If you've been in a gym for a couple months and are still shadowboxing like that, you're not being instructed on good footwork, proper punching technique, balance---in other words, all the basics. Do you have someone who acts as a coach /trainer to instruct you? If so, perhaps he has too many people to devote much time to any one student.

Here's a suggestion. Do a search on U-tube for shadowboxing videos and look for ones with good technical quality----------you'll recognize them when you see them. You'll see good balance and footwork, punches being thrown with some intent, jabs thrown straight and power shots rotating off the balls of the feet along with good hip rotation to develop power.

Better yet, look for videos on heavy bag work since guys tend to really attack the bag and let the shots go with a good bit of force. I never liked to put much force in my shadowboxing routine------it's better to hit something in my opinion.
with all the videos on youtube hows he supposed to tell whats good technique? why dont you post up some examples?
Ylem is offline  Top