Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #136
Tommy O C
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 321
Default Re: European Amateur Boxing Championship starting in June 17 at Ankara Turkey

I thought he lost it too. The Russian was hittin arms with the jab but was getting the right through
Tommy O C is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #137
GladiatoR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1586
Default Re: European Amateur Boxing Championship starting in June 17 at Ankara Turkey

What's the crack with McCracken?

Isn't he not allowed to manage pro and amateur fighters? Is that still enforced?
GladiatoR is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #138
mattdonnellon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Watch the Nevin fight;
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZBmPx34tgk[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcFm7NNljwQ[/ame]

Would love to hear neutral/European views, I think this was the robbery of the championship but maybe I'm biased,-well I know I am!
mattdonnellon is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2011, 06:22 AM   #139
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

So Omarov beat Cammarelle, wow. Was a pretty exciting tough fight with both guys landing alot of hard shots. Omarov is 22 yrs old, Cammarelle 31. I really hope Omarov goes pro at some point he seems to have all the tools and no glaring flaws.

I have no damn clue what happened in tha Pulev vs Mammadov fight. Right before the start of the 3rd the fight was called and Mammadov declared the winner. I read that Pulev quit but it didn't look like that. Pulev had his gloves and headgear on and was standing right before the 3rd was about to start while Mammadov had taken his gloves and headgear off a good 20 seconds earlier. Very strange.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #140
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
So Omarov beat Cammarelle, wow. Was a pretty exciting tough fight with both guys landing alot of hard shots. Omarov is 22 yrs old, Cammarelle 31. I really hope Omarov goes pro at some point he seems to have all the tools and no glaring flaws.

I have no damn clue what happened in tha Pulev vs Mammadov fight. Right before the start of the 3rd the fight was called and Mammadov declared the winner. I read that Pulev quit but it didn't look like that. Pulev had his gloves and headgear on and was standing right before the 3rd was about to start while Mammadov had taken his gloves and headgear off a good 20 seconds earlier. Very strange.
Did not see any of the matches. How did Cammarelle look vs the hard punching Romanian in the semi finals?

Is Omarov that good, or is Cammarelle fading at bit?
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #141
mattdonnellon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ootclassed the Romanian and destroyed him. Looked a bit listless in the final.
mattdonnellon is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #142
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Did not see any of the matches. How did Cammarelle look vs the hard punching Romanian in the semi finals?

Is Omarov that good, or is Cammarelle fading at bit?
I didn't see the semi but i saw the results. I havn't seen Nistor yet i'm still eager to see his fights. Cammarelle was up 15-3 after the 1st round and the result said "ret" so i assume the corner stopped it after the first cuz Nistor was getting outclassed badley.

Cammarelle looked himself i thought Omarov was just quite impressive. Roberto seemed to have a real good tournament too dominating Zuyev, Yoka, & Nistor. The guy has lost to every Russian SHW he's ever faced, that's rough.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #143
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Russia has so much talent that never gets a chance to fight professional. They have certainly surpassed Cuba as the strongest and deepest amateur boxing nation over the past 6-8 years.

Many more lucrative pro contracts will still be given to Cuban fighters because they are seen as more marketable due to the international bias against Slavic fighters.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #144
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosbor View Post
Russia has so much talent that never gets a chance to fight professional. They have certainly surpassed Cuba as the strongest and deepest amateur boxing nation over the past 6-8 years.

Many more lucrative pro contracts will still be given to Cuban fighters because they are seen as more marketable due to the international bias against Slavic fighters.
There is still a bias, but with its going away. The surprise to some is Russia isn't only winning in the upper weights. They have a lot of talent at middle and lightweight too.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #145
ballznall
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

did lomachenko fight?
ballznall is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #146
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballznall View Post
did lomachenko fight?
Ukraine and Russia both sent their B teams
Vysotsky is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum