David Haye UD 9 2.22%
David Haye T/KO 201 49.51%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #1186
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: ***Wladimir Klitschko-David Haye Build-up Thread - IT'S FIGHT WEEK!!!***

Haye is going KO that big Russian in 4 wild rounds.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2011, 07:53 PM   #1187
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: ***Wladimir Klitschko-David Haye Build-up Thread - IT'S FIGHT WEEK!!!***

Dyo think the public will buy a Haye title defence knowing he lost last time out? It'd be a farce.

IMO Haye and Booth know the Klits want the WBA belt so are trying to use it to their advantage and have a favourable ref appointed.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #1188
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Haye will have another fight after Wlad, win or lose. Still being able to call himself a title holder will help him.

Haye is being a *****, plain and simple. The ref has been picked, get the **** over it and get in the ring for the unification fight we have being waiting for.
I highly doubt that has anything to do with it. If Haye loses his world comes crashing down. I don't think clinging onto his WBA belt is uppermost in his thinking, you're trying to read something into this when its already explainable. He wants to make sure the ref is going to punish fouls. Simple as that. It's not the first time this has been done and it won't be the last, theres often a furore before fights over refs and judges.

Either way the fights going ahead, he's just trying to get things in his favor a little more.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #1189
bruthead
REAL TALK
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Obviously the ref must be neutral but where is the evidence that this ref isn't? You can't just start questioning the guy's integrity without due cause. Top referees often officiate several fights of the same top fighters.

Booth and Haye are just stirring.
bruthead is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #1190
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

The referee should be included in the contract from the start anyways, so nobody can pull this bull****.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #1191
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
The referee should be included in the contract from the start anyways, so nobody can pull this bull****.
Sounds sensible, but is it really a good idea to put ANOTHER obstacle in the negotiations? We'd never get a fight on.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #1192
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

That's why Wlad likes to fight in Germany, get your own ref Jab Jab Jab and if his opponent slips that jab or get too close hug and hold on let give 5 sec break then reset.

Repeat until fat American is done around 10 , 11 round then Wlad brings his right hand into play and stops the American bum.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #1193
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

These spats happen a lot before big fights. It just seems like a little jockeying for position rather than a serious issue for either camp.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #1194
Bonavena25
Vamos!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
Can people stop giving Haye attributes he hasn't got? Going southpaw? He'll have enough of a hard time winning using the stance and style he's most comfortable in.

Seriously, sometimes i wonder who people are discribing when talking about this fight. Don't over complicate it or make Haye something he's not. David will fight his usual fight. Lot's of movement to try and take Wlads jab away, Attempting to draw Wlads lead and countering over the top with single power punches (mainly overhand rights and sporadic left hooks) and bumrushing in bursts.
Don't worry, I don't think he'll go southpaw and morph into Sergio Martinez

He will still circle on the outside, but he'll have a stance will enable him to land the straight left as either a single shot, or a pre-cursor to damaging flurries.

I just can't see any other way Haye will shock Wladamir.

I agree with you that Haye is basically gonna be Haye from past fights. A more polished version though.
Bonavena25 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #1195
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

After the years of bull**** putting this fight together, is anyone else simply not excited by this fight any more?
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #1196
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
After the years of bull**** putting this fight together, is anyone else simply not excited by this fight any more?
Quite the opposite TBH mate. I couldn't give a **** about fights when they arn't happening, now this one is I'm really looking forward to it.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #1197
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.Boxer View Post
Agreed.

I just can't get excited about 2 of the 3 best heavyweights in the world getting it on, when there's a genuine grudge, they have both have dodgy chins, they both have KO power and there's a genuine intrigue about who will win and how.

Just writing it down bored me.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #1198
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

I never really understood the argument that you'd get bored of a fight if it takes ages to make. Right now, I'm completely bored with Pacquiao and Mayweather but if they ever sign to fight each other, I'll have more interest than ever before. All that disappointment from the last couple of years will be wiped away, just like it has been when there were rumours about Haye/Wlad being signed and then we saw the first press conference. From that moment on, I've just been extremely excited and the past disappointments are all exactly that: past disappointments. I'm just look forward to the fight.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 11:58 PM   #1199
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

The fight could be pretty boring, but still tense. Which sort of makes it less boring live. I imagine it will be gripping viewing live even if Wlad is throwing and missing jabs and Haye is on his bike due to the jaws on display here.

But it won't have much rewatch value I don't think.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 04:32 AM   #1200
digregorio1.
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1575

Can't believe ive seen no one comment on the illegally rapped gloves Haye mentioned Wlad was getting done before the Brewster fight, it's a pretty bold statement if true and shocked ive not heard it talked about before

On another note that did interest me was Groves in his blog saying watch out for how Haye acts in the presser and that he acts in certain ways for a reason, the Haye camp seem to be very psychological in their approach to things which i think is a positive thing
digregorio1. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum