Old 06-27-2011, 04:22 AM   #31
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kostya Tszyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvthefightgame View Post
He called out oscar lots of times he did not want a bar of kostya oscar & he seen how good kostya was from there amatuer days so mate i think it was oscar ducking kostya he wld have beaten oscar at 140. kostya called him out before he had his first lose & after he became champ again. so oscar had lots of chances to fight him. with mosely & trinadad wld have been 50/50 even money fight.
Yeah Oscar was scared of Tszyu but not scared to fight Bhop at middle.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2011, 05:50 AM   #32
Briggsy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Yeah Oscar was scared of Tszyu but not scared to fight Bhop at middle.
Im with you it was a timing issue more than anything
Briggsy is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #33
lvthefightgame
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Look maybe not scared.but he never beat great top level opposition since his first loss to mosely. lost to mosely twice,trinadad,hopkins,mayweather,manny i wont count because oscar was shot bye then,he got a gift against sturm. from that first lose to moesly he beat,gatti,javier castillejo,fernando vargas,forbes good fighters but great i think not.if sturm beat him kostya wld have done a number on him imo. the 3 guy's they both fought gonzales, ruelas & leija oscar beat them but two of them got there carreres ended by kostya gonzales never recovered after that beating ever. same as ruelas & when kostya fought leija he one even tho he was under done & out of shape. If u have a look at the gonales fight even the comentators were saying no 1 had made gonzales look this helpless & handeled him that easy they were saying not even oscar cld do this to him the 1 sided beating of the year winner. This is why imo oscar wld have lost to kostya because oscar alway's come up short when he fought great fighters. cheers i do respect your opinons tho.
lvthefightgame is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 02:04 AM   #34
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Look maybe not scared.but he never beat great top level opposition since his first loss to mosely. lost to mosely twice,trinadad,hopkins,mayweather,manny i wont count because oscar was shot bye then,he got a gift against sturm. from that first lose to moesly he beat,gatti,javier castillejo,fernando vargas,forbes good fighters but great i think not.if sturm beat him kostya wld have done a number on him imo. the 3 guy's they both fought gonzales, ruelas & leija oscar beat them but two of them got there carreres ended by kostya gonzales never recovered after that beating ever. same as ruelas & when kostya fought leija he one even tho he was under done & out of shape. If u have a look at the gonales fight even the comentators were saying no 1 had made gonzales look this helpless & handeled him that easy they were saying not even oscar cld do this to him the 1 sided beating of the year winner. This is why imo oscar wld have lost to kostya because oscar alway's come up short when he fought great fighters. cheers i do respect your opinons tho.
are you talking about Tzsyu. He looked in good condition to me and had trained hard for the fight
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #35
hammerofthor
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
oscars losses to trinidad and mosley (second fight) were both horrible decisions. oscard fought and beat better competition that tszyu
hammerofthor is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #36
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I thought Kostya was on track to fight Oscar but the loss to Phillips derailled those plans. Mosley went for the super fight with Oscar & jumped from 135 to 147 to do it. The rest is history. I think its utter rubbish to think anyone was scared to fight Kostya, just bigger $$$ fights were there to be made at the time & I think the loss to Phillips did tarnish Kostya's rep a little at the time. His last years of inactivity due to injury certainly didn't do him any favours.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #37
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The trinidad decision was blatant robbery & although the 2nd Mosley fight was close I still think Oscar deserved the nod.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 02:43 AM   #38
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think it is a 50/50 fight with Tzsyu and ODH, Mosley or trinidad, If i had a gun to my head i would go slightly with Tzsyu in each fight but it could have gone either way, I also think he was a great fighter who has a pretty good resume but not great missing the 3 above
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2011, 03:35 AM   #39
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ridiculous post. We all know Oscar beat Tito and Mosely in their 2nd fight aswell as a prime Vargas at 154.

Here's one for ya. Tzsyu got beatan down and stopped by Vince frickin Phillips IN HIS PRIME.
Francis75 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum