Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
Solid Chin
Concrete Wars
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Haye weighs in at 15 stone 3 pounds - Speed is the key !!!

The weigh in has finally taken place and all that is left to do now is sit back and enjoy the fight.

I am going with Haye to score a late KO or if he manages to catch Wlad within the 1st 5 rounds it could be all over aswell.

I noticed that Wlad came in at around 17 Stone and 5 pounds which is 4 pounds lighter than his last fighting weight so I believe that Wladimir will also be trying to use speed to shock Haye.

I think Haye believes that Wlad is really slow so he will need to becareful as to not underestimate Wlad's speed, he may not be lightning fast but timing does beat speed so we will have to see what the speed advantage will be.

Does anybody think that Wlad will be a lot faster on fight night than people expect him to be and will Haye be fast and accurate enough to actually land any clean hard shots on Wlad's chin???
Solid Chin is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
keithface
Journeyman

Default Re: Haye weighs in at 15 stone 3 pounds - Speed is the key !!!

wlad will hit hay with some bodyshots in the first round. he will hit haye will body jabs and probably ko haye with a bodyshot in the third.

haye has no chance with the weight disparity - it's not like wlad has terrible stamina or speed i.e. briggs, etc.,
keithface is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
acr347
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

202 pounds? I dunno if that strategy is gonna hold up with a 240 vlad leaning on him.
We shall see.
acr347 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
Hellion
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Yes to both. Haye is fast enough to land, which makes this intriguing and yes, I do think people, Haye especially, will be surprised that Wlad is quick enough to land. Remember the faster fighters that Wlad has fought have ALL said afterwards pretty much the same thing, he's a lot faster than you think.

Back to Haye, while he's fast enough to land, Wlad's technique is good enough that I feel, combined with his sneaky handspeed, Haye won't get TOO many opportunities to do so.

Overall I strongly favour Wlad, better technique, better basic fundamentals, better balance and more power.
Hellion is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 09:06 AM   #5
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithface View Post
wlad will hit hay with some bodyshots in the first round. he will hit haye will body jabs and probably ko haye with a bodyshot in the third.

haye has no chance with the weight disparity - it's not like wlad has terrible stamina or speed i.e. briggs, etc.,
Since when did wlad become a bodypuncher?
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
keithface
Journeyman

since he will try and slow down haye who seems intent on running around. he can jab to the body fine and could use this as a cautious start to the first roud. he will find results from hitting haye's body and will contintue this until Haye collapses in seeming agony [or not] from a vicious body shot. mark my words...
keithface is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Yes to both. Haye is fast enough to land, which makes this intriguing and yes, I do think people, Haye especially, will be surprised that Wlad is quick enough to land. Remember the faster fighters that Wlad has fought have ALL said afterwards pretty much the same thing, he's a lot faster than you think.

Back to Haye, while he's fast enough to land, Wlad's technique is good enough that I feel, combined with his sneaky handspeed, Haye won't get TOO many opportunities to do so.

Overall I strongly favour Wlad, better technique, better basic fundamentals, better balance and more power.
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum