stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Austin Trout could be the next King of the road

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Austin Trout Could Be the Next King of the Road

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
  • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 2 comments
  • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Email
  • [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Print

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Austin Trout hasn't had anything given to him in his pro career, and is traveling to earn respect. (Photo by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

Austin Trout has probably never been on your TV, despite that he's one of the best young fighters out there right now. The 25-year-old southpaw from Las Cruces, New Mexico, has never had the major promotional backing that helps so many get the exposure necessary to become a star. But he's making his own way.
Trout (23-0, 13 KO) holds a bogus belt the same as many in boxing do. His WBA junior middleweight title was put up for grabs in Mexico against Rigoberto Alvarez, the older brother of Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, in February. Trout hit the road looking to win the "regular" version of the belt from the same "sanctioning" body that considers Miguel Cotto their "super" titlist despite the fact that Cotto has never held a different 154-pound title, and supposedly "super" champions are created by unifying belts from other organizations, but hey, who's counting?
What's not bogus is the way Trout is going about making a name for himself. The road he's traveling is the one that takes the long way to the ultimate destination, which is big main event fights that have been earned -- really, truly earned. Like Glen Johnson and many others before him, Trout is becoming a road warrior.
He went back to Mexico on June 11 to convincingly defeat David "The Destroyer" Lopez, a tough veteran who had been on a long winning streak, and like Trout has never been someone's favored son in the boxing game. Lopez has had trouble finding good fights though he's done more to deserve them than a lot of "star" fighters do. Trout gave him the chance at a major belt, and then Trout won on Lopez's turf.
Now, "No Doubt" is going to head to Australia to face Anthony Mundine on August 24, with his eyes on a November fight against top junior middleweight Sergiy Dzinziruk, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
Mundine (42-4, 25 KO) is past his prime, but while I have reasonably (in my view) bashed his level of competition over recent years, he can still fight a little bit, and his talent has never been something I've criticized. The fact that he's 36 and starting to have difficulty defeating the one-dimensional likes of Garth Wood tells me that home field advantage or not, Trout should be heavily favored.
But going to Australia to fight Mundine shows the sort of fighter we're dealing with here. Trout was promoted by "The Empire," a company that had great, big hopes in boxing, but clearly put their eggs into the wrong basket(s). Now with that company having folded, Trout has stuck with promoter Greg Cohen, who clearly believes in Trout as the reason to start Greg Cohen Promotions. Sure, he's got veterans like Hasim Rahman and others, but Trout is obviously the fighter on whom Cohen should build his company. Like Trout getting to HBO or Showtime main events, it might take a while, but it's being come by in a far more honest fashion than we generally see in boxing.
Those who saw Trout beat Lopez know that this is not a fighter to be underestimated. If he can defeat Mundine and maybe Dzinziruk this year, he's without question one of the elite 154-pound fighters in the world today. And if all that happened, he'd still probably have never been on your American television. Go figure.

stiflers mum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Austin Trout could be the next King of the road

Quote:
according to Lem Satterfield
not, according to boxrec...
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
not, according to boxrec...

Douche bag

Khoder is overseas...when he gets back it will be up on boxrec...then you can rave on like a mad man about something else
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
crash
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

i normally barrack for the Aussie,but after reading about trout,i hope he goes on to k.o choc,and make a name for himself.
crash is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
i normally barrack for the Aussie,but after reading about trout,i hope he goes on to k.o choc,and make a name for himself.

Look I hope choc wins but I know what your saying.....credit to Trout for taking the title on the road
ashley is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 01:42 AM   #6
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Douche bag

Khoder is overseas...when he gets back it will be up on boxrec...then you can rave on like a mad man about something else

oh....i wasnt aware that khoder updated trouts schedule..

also. IF this fight ever happens, it will be a non event in the minds of the australian general public. mundine is a nothing, not news worthy, and EVERYONE except nut huggers is sick of his crap.

he will struggle to sell ppv and tickets to the 'fight'. in the eyes of the australian general publc, mundine isnt only a has been. he is a never ever was.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #7
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
I normally barrack for who I like, don't care whether they're from Mars.

As for this fight, it's too little too late IMO.

Mandy is not a contender these days.

Sally is right for a change!
Sox is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #8
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
oh....i wasnt aware that khoder updated trouts schedule..
Firstly the promoter will update boxrec schedule through the editor not the incoming boxer

Secondly the fight is not signed...its just trouts team sprouting dates

For some reason I cant save a picture of humble pie....please somebody throw it in my face

Fight is agreed on but signed contract not returned
ashley is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 04:47 AM   #9
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

in the mail?
mrdoctor is online now  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 04:58 AM   #10
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoctor View Post
in the mail?

No idea...Trouts team look pretty happy starting pressers about the fight....only problem back here is no contract

Glad CHB isn't here...he would have a field day with this

At least my error will go unnoticed now
ashley is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 06:17 AM   #11
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Id say trouts team are either looking at another fight or hanging off for as long as possible to see if something pops up. They could be using the mundine talk to get a better deal elsewhere. Or they are waiting out to get mundine to up his purse.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #12
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

someone needs to get off the grass
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #13
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
he's had to do it the hard way GO AUSTIN.
stiflers mum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum