Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 07-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default What fights do you wanna see after UFC 132 ?

Dominick Cruz - Id like to see a 3rd fight with Cruz and Faber. Faber owns the only win over Cruz, I personally thought Faber won the rematch however even if you do believe Cruz won Urijah was no doubt the most competitive fight Cruz has had in his Championship bouts. I wouldnt mind see Cruz fight someone else though maybe to build up a trilogy. 2 guys that come to mind are Demetrius Johnson coming off wins over Damacio Page, Kid Yamamoto and Miguel Torres or the only guy to defeat him in Brad Pickett.

Urijah Faber - Agian id love to see a third fight right away but another fight wouldnt bother me at all. The fights id most like to see would be Urijah vs another former Champion like Torres or Brian Bowles but id also like to see Urijah vs Pickett or Johnson. My pick would be Urijah vs Bowles.

Chris Leben - This is a big win but ill admitt it doesnt move Chris into any sort of title contention. Just to many bad losses to overcome so soon. The fight id like to see is Leben vs Vitor Belfort as I think Belfort takes out Akiyama next month. Belfort vs Leben is another one of those fights when you know the loser is taking a nap.

Wanderlei Silva - Him retiring is probably what everyone wants but id like to see him get one last bout. The UFC is planning a fight in Japan what better place then to retire where he made his name.

Tito Ortiz - Great win for Tito pulling his career off life support. Tito will never fight for a title agian but with this big win and his name he is ready for another big fight. I wanna see him fight next months Rich Franklin vs Lil Nog fight. Tito was scheduled to fight Lil Nog a few months back and Ortiz vs Franklin would be one of those cool future HOF, Former Champion fights.

Carlos Condit - This guy just keeps looking better everytime out in the octagon. Condit has realed up 4 very big victories over top Welterweights. Id say hes in line for a title shot but having only fought just once since October and Diaz-GSP not happening till this October I think Condit may get one more fight. With so many other top Welterweights already scheduled to fight soon I think Condit vs Charlie Brenneman could be interesting and it gives Condit a chance to improve his wrestling.

Melvin Guillard - Same with Condit above man this guy keeps looking better and better. I think a title shot is close but Melvin doesnt wanna just sit around and wait. I think Jim Miller may be more deserving if he gets past Ben Henderson. Nobody seems to know though when Maynard and Edgar will fight agian so Guillard vs Miller/Henderson would be a great number 1 contenders fight. If not that he deserves a big fight finally like Sean Sherk or Clay Guida.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: What fights do you wanna see after UFC 132 ?

Diaz vs GSP
anyttime the PHENOM THAT IS VITOR BELFORT FIGHTS
dos santos vs velasquez
jones vs rampage
bj penn vs any welterweight in the top 10
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 07-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
Diaz vs GSP
anyttime the PHENOM THAT IS VITOR BELFORT FIGHTS
dos santos vs velasquez
jones vs rampage
bj penn vs any welterweight in the top 10
I mean involving fighters that just fought not fights that are taking place within a couple of months
jimmie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
zarman

vCash:

Faber - Torres. They are both coming off losses that arguably they should have won while it would warrant the winner for another title shot
Old 07-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

wanderlei
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum