Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan could be 2 to 3 more fights away from fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr

Win or lose just Khan being in the same ring as Mayweather is an achievement in it self, who would thought back in 2008 when Khan got KO in under a min that he would become a world champion let alone fight Floyd Mayweather Jr
Darni187 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #17
vironaprile8
Quickslip_user
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 2191
Default Re: Amir Khan could be 2 to 3 more fights away from fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr

Kahn should avouid going down Gurerro is risky so is Bam bam, Marquez, Katsisdis!
vironaprile8 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #18
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darni187 View Post
No fighter remains the same, age DOES have an effect, we need to also see what state Floyd is in after his layoff, a fighter which relies on his defensive reflexes has to remain sharp to the sec, Ortiz can ask some questions.

Thing is Khan's handspeed would find Floyd's face more than most others would purely due to Khan's speed it's a law of nature, Floyd don't like getting hit even with one shot, and I can see Khan taking the first few rounds with his output and jab.
B-Hop has showed with pure commitment that it is not always the case. A late 30's Mayweather would still have the ring generalship to beat Khan and still be near the top of the P4P list imo. He trains as hard if not harder then anybody out there and keeps in superb shape even in long lay off's.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #19
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vironaprile8 View Post
Kahn should avouid going down Gurerro is risky so is Bam bam, Marquez, Katsisdis!
I think Guerrero is quality. Very tidy boxer, but it's still a winnable fight for Khan but a very even match up imo. However i think Khan's speed would be too much for Marquez who is getting caught more as he is getting older. He still has the beautiful counter-punching skills that could give Khan huge problems. Khan would put a hurting on Katsidis i'm afraid. And Rios, if i were Khan i would forget about fighting him! I don't think Amir has the power to keep him off!
Old 07-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #20
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
B-Hop has showed with pure commitment that it is not always the case. A late 30's Mayweather would still have the ring generalship to beat Khan and still be near the top of the P4P list imo. He trains as hard if not harder then anybody out there and keeps in superb shape even in long lay off's.
Very true but fighers at lower weights have less reaction time to adjust so their mistakes are less likely to be gotten away with. B-Hops don't party or stay out like Floyd does, Hops in bed by 10pm latest, B-Hop lifestyle plays a big part in his condition in the ring.

Just my take on things, all we know Floyd could be another Hopkins and rule for at least another 10 years who knows.
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #21
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Very true but fighers at lower weights have less reaction time to adjust so their mistakes are less likely to be gotten away with. B-Hops don't party or stay out like Floyd does, Hops in bed by 10pm latest, B-Hop lifestyle plays a big part in his condition in the ring.

Just my take on things, all we know Floyd could be another Hopkins and rule for at least another 10 years who knows.
I see where your coming from but i think the media and fans make a meal out of Mayweathers lifestyle. If he had the party lifestyle it would show in his fights, From what i gather he hardly even drinks, he just goes to the clubs and likes to be centre of attention. Also B-Hop is a freak of nature
Old 07-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #22
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I see where your coming from but i think the media and fans make a meal out of Mayweathers lifestyle. If he had the party lifestyle it would show in his fights, From what i gather he hardly even drinks, he just goes to the clubs and likes to be centre of attention. Also B-Hop is a freak of nature
I follow Floyd on twitter I swear he was out clubbing late last night aswell
Darni187 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #23
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I follow Floyd on twitter I swear he was out clubbing late last night aswell
Hope he isn't having 12 pints and late night kebabs like Fatton.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #24
Darni187
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Hope he isn't having 12 pints and late night kebabs like Fatton.
Darni187 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum