Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #61
jr78487
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
I dig that many people glorify someone who has cherry picked his opponents for the last 6 years or so. And Pacquiao was knocked out when he was fighting way below Welter as a youngster, so by my theory it isn't the same situation.

I would view Pacquiao more respectfully if he actually fought a young prime contender but instead he goes out and fights 40 year olds. Now he waited almost 4 years to re-rematch Marquez when he will be 38...
who is the most credible opponent for pac?? Marquez is stylistically got Pacquiao's number. If you think 140lbs fighter got shot at least 50% winning percentage againts Pac then you don't know shit. Styles makes fight. Marquez fight night weight is almost the same to Pacquiao.

Pacquiao fighting young prime and contender and whoop that ass...

ESB member: Pacquiao's opponent is overated!!.

Pacquiao lost to someone bum fighter.

ESB member: Pacquiao is overrated!!

Wake up people. Style makes fight. Pull out your head from your favorite fighter ANUS!! don't waste the bandwith of this forum spilling your nonsense bullshit. just **** your dog instead posting mu'****er
jr78487 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 08:33 AM   #62
Gyro
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vano-Irons View Post
Marco Antonio Barerra x2
JMM
Erik Morales x2
Diaz
Oascar De La Hoya
Ricky Hatton
Miguel Cotto
Margo
Shane Mosley

Yeah, he's proper shit
That resume looks impressive but only on paper.

Barrera - shot
JMM - Pacquiao was given two gift wrapped decisions
Morales - another shot fighter who still managed to school him once
Diaz - Shot overrated fighter
De La Hoya - 36 year old past it dehydrated fighter who dropped to 145 from his natural weight 160
Hatton - Shot overrated fighter who gave his last licks
Cotto - Damaged goods after being beat almost to death by bricks
Margarito - Do I really need to say?
Mosley - 40 year old legendary fighter who should already retire

You're giving Pacquiao too much credit for some names that look good on paper but look at the point in time in which he faced them. Pacquiao is a good fighter, but he's fought most of these guys who were either old, shot, dehydrated, overrated etc.
Gyro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #63
Gyro
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr78487 View Post
who is the most credible opponent for pac?? Marquez is stylistically got Pacquiao's number. If you think 140lbs fighter got shot at least 50% winning percentage againts Pac then you don't know shit. Styles makes fight. Marquez fight night weight is almost the same to Pacquiao.

Pacquiao fighting young prime and contender and whoop that ass...

ESB member: Pacquiao's opponent is overated!!.

Pacquiao lost to someone bum fighter.

ESB member: Pacquiao is overrated!!

Wake up people. Style makes fight. Pull out your head from your favorite fighter ANUS!! don't waste the bandwith of this forum spilling your nonsense bullshit. just **** your dog instead posting mu'****er
"Pacquiao fighting young prime and contender and whoop that ass..."

Pacquiao fought Marquez BOTH times when Pacquiao entered his prime and still got beat by Marquez yet he got two gifts by the judges. Pacquiao was knocked out TWICE as a younger fighter, if he fought Marquez earlier Marquez would end his career.

"Marquez fight night weight is almost the same to Pacquiao." Now this is just funny and so sad at the same time
Gyro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #64
badassQatari
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: somewhere in the net
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubace View Post
pacquiao is overrated. he fought someone who wasn't a slow stationary target and looked like complete garbage against a fighter who looked like complete shit. he's not shot, he's not slowing down. he just fought someone with decent speed and was too dumb to know how to cut off the ring.
he faced the most dangerous competition out there and beat them all convincingly, how is that overrated?
badassQatari is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #65
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,885
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

His opponents have been carefully chosen after the 2nd Marquez fight. This much is obvious. He HAS however beaten those opponents very impressively. The "word" is that he has improved significantly since his Marquez rematch. If anyone remembers, after the Barrera rematch and Marquez rematch there was alot of talks about Manny slowing down and already having peaked out. Then he moved up and the hype started.


Even though Marquez is a "carefully picked" opponent at this stage and at this weight, I do believe this next fight will tell everyone if Pacman has really improved as much as people say he has. It will also show if he has any chance at all against Floyd Mayweather. If this 3rd fight goes as the 1st two did, I see the hype for him to fight Floyd dying a bit.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #66
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,117
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
"Pacquiao fighting young prime and contender and whoop that ass..."

Pacquiao fought Marquez BOTH times when Pacquiao entered his prime and still got beat by Marquez yet he got two gifts by the judges. Pacquiao was knocked out TWICE as a younger fighter, if he fought Marquez earlier Marquez would end his career.

"Marquez fight night weight is almost the same to Pacquiao." Now this is just funny and so sad at the same time
Let see them fight each other not drained
boxbox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #67
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,117
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
His opponents have been carefully chosen after the 2nd Marquez fight. This much is obvious. He HAS however beaten those opponents very impressively. The "word" is that he has improved significantly since his Marquez rematch. If anyone remembers, after the Barrera rematch and Marquez rematch there was alot of talks about Manny slowing down and already having peaked out. Then he moved up and the hype started.


Even though Marquez is a "carefully picked" opponent at this stage and at this weight, I do believe this next fight will tell everyone if Pacman has really improved as much as people say he has. It will also show if he has any chance at all against Floyd Mayweather. If this 3rd fight goes as the 1st two did, I see the hype for him to fight Floyd dying a bit.

Are we basing his chances against Floyd by comparing how they did against a common opponent in JMM? Cause by that Logic, i'm predicting Pac knocking out Floyd in the mid rds basing on their common opponents in DLH, HATTON and MOSELY Styles do make fights..and JMM had Pac memorized in his system and he still got a draw and a loss.
boxbox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #68
badassQatari
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: somewhere in the net
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
That resume looks impressive but only on paper.

Barrera - shot
JMM - Pacquiao was given two gift wrapped decisions
Morales - another shot fighter who still managed to school him once
Diaz - Shot overrated fighter
De La Hoya - 36 year old past it dehydrated fighter who dropped to 145 from his natural weight 160
Hatton - Shot overrated fighter who gave his last licks
Cotto - Damaged goods after being beat almost to death by bricks
Margarito - Do I really need to say?
Mosley - 40 year old legendary fighter who should already retire

You're giving Pacquiao too much credit for some names that look good on paper but look at the point in time in which he faced them. Pacquiao is a good fighter, but he's fought most of these guys who were either old, shot, dehydrated, overrated etc.
no, those resume looks impressive at every letter , more especially considering that packy started fighting at 106.

barrera. 2003, everyone was saying this fight was not winnable but he went on beating the shit of the #3 P4P best fighter that time. and also, barrera was very much at his prime back then. you dont get too many 'shot' fighter moving up in weight and beating the hell out that division king do you?


JMM. pac was robbed on the the first fight big time. ask the judge. fact. jmm fought a dehydrated packy and still lost the fight clearly. another fact.

morales. morales beat a half blind pac on the first time, but got destroyed totally twice after that. fact. morales was still at his prime on the second and on the slide on the third fight. even the morales version of pac3 was good enough to beat just anybody other than pac at 130 back then.

diaz, a very dangerous big puncher. prime.

hoya, everybody was saying this is a suicide fight for pac. fact.

hatton. 140 king, king, KING!. a very dangerous slick fighter.

cotto, margo, mosley, considering that packy started off as 106 fighter, the mere fact that he fights at a world class level at 140 is an accomplishment by itself. and oh, they say pac was dominating and destroying them all.
badassQatari is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #69
badassQatari
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: somewhere in the net
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
His opponents have been carefully chosen after the 2nd Marquez fight. This much is obvious. He HAS however beaten those opponents very impressively. The "word" is that he has improved significantly since his Marquez rematch. If anyone remembers, after the Barrera rematch and Marquez rematch there was alot of talks about Manny slowing down and already having peaked out. Then he moved up and the hype started.


Even though Marquez is a "carefully picked" opponent at this stage and at this weight, I do believe this next fight will tell everyone if Pacman has really improved as much as people say he has. It will also show if he has any chance at all against Floyd Mayweather. If this 3rd fight goes as the 1st two did, I see the hype for him to fight Floyd dying a bit.
yeah, facing the most dangerous fight is now 'carefully picking your opponent'. funny.
badassQatari is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:59 AM   #70
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,885
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbox View Post
Are we basing his chances against Floyd by comparing how they did against a common opponent in JMM? Cause by that Logic, i'm predicting Pac knocking out Floyd in the mid rds basing on their common opponents in DLH, HATTON and MOSELY Styles do make fights..and JMM had Pac memorized in his system and he still got a draw and a loss.
No I'm basing it on Floyd proving to be much stronger, bigger, faster and more skillful then JMM...by a huge Margin! And if JMM can still counter the hell out of Pac and keep him off balance, then Floyd will have a field day with him.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #71
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,117
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
No I'm basing it on Floyd proving to be much stronger, bigger, faster and more skillful then JMM...by a huge Margin! And if JMM can still counter the hell out of Pac and keep him off balance, then Floyd will have a field day with him.
But Pac beat DLH, MOSELY and Hatton by a much bigger, impressive way...I dont see your point as a good basis. And if by chance that Pac demolishes JMM this time? Will you be saying Pac has a slight chance of beating Floyd? or are you going to side with Pac if they fought. (these questions based on your argument)
boxbox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #72
jr78487
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
"Pacquiao fighting young prime and contender and whoop that ass..."

Pacquiao fought Marquez BOTH times when Pacquiao entered his prime and still got beat by Marquez yet he got two gifts by the judges. Pacquiao was knocked out TWICE as a younger fighter, if he fought Marquez earlier Marquez would end his career.

"Marquez fight night weight is almost the same to Pacquiao." Now this is just funny and so sad at the same time
if Pacquiao fought Marquez when he's not drained then he would end Marquez career.


Marquez fought twice one dimensional Pacquiao. Left straight then repeat 100x.. Marquez is the most skilled boxer than pacquiao but can't shutout one dimensional weight drained Pacquaio.. Pathetic..



Pacquiao is shot because he was knockdown not once but twice.. Marquez can't shout out one dimensional shot fighter... PATHETIC!..





Piss drinking is not enough to win this fight. He needs to learn how to eat his shit.
jr78487 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #73
jr78487
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
No I'm basing it on Floyd proving to be much stronger, bigger, faster and more skillful then JMM...by a huge Margin! And if JMM can still counter the hell out of Pac and keep him off balance, then Floyd will have a field day with him.
What an informative opinion.. Mayweather is the same 100% to Marquez stylistically.. thanks for the information..
jr78487 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #74
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,885
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbox View Post
But Pac beat DLH, MOSELY and Hatton by a much bigger, impressive way...I dont see your point as a good basis. And if by chance that Pac demolishes JMM this time? Will you be saying Pac has a slight chance of beating Floyd? or are you going to side with Pac if they fought. (these questions based on your argument)
My point is the tools JMM used to neutralize Pac, Floyd has and is much better.

It's like saying this:

I can't use the Maidana fight as a basis to predict how Floyd will do against Victor Ortiz. Because they fight NOTHING alike.

I can however, use the Petersen fight. Because the things Petersen did that troubled Ortiz, Floyd can do and do alot better.

It's not about "common opponents", it's about styles.

When was the last time Roach and Arum put Pac in the ring with a slick counter puncher?? When? The last guy with the skill and speed to counter him was JMM. JMM and Floyd are the two best counter punchers in the sport. Floyd is #1 though, but a large margin.


Understand now?
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #75
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,885
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pacquiao is OVERRATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr78487 View Post
What an informative opinion.. Mayweather is the same 100% to Marquez stylistically.. thanks for the information..
No, but the footwork and counterpunching JMM did to Pac, Floyd is faster and better at.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013