Old 07-14-2011, 03:32 AM   #46
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275
Default Re: Trout-Mundine looking very likely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Yes Barker although a tidy boxer similar to Geale will easily be beaten by Martinez, probably by stoppage too. A similar thing would happen to Geale aswell imo.
Agree.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2011, 05:25 AM   #47
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I wanna see Geale-Macklin if he beats Sturm in the re-match. If Macklin beats Sturm is he a Super Champ?
Why is Ward a superchamp? He hasn't unified or defended 10 times. The WBA is confusing.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #48
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Cant agree here...lets talk facts

Fact is mate the title is ligit...it's the WBA 154 World title

Says so in all records...WBA, BOXREC, boxing writers and officials all round the world call it the world title...it's not just me making this up

Cotto has the super champ title...he's not in the WBA rankings system nor mandatory system...super champ will never be forced to participate in a fight with the World Champ...the super champ belt is for idle big names looking for super fights

The WBA World title belt is the real deal...the WBA super champ belt is for extra sanction fees as is the interim belt unless used in the case of an injured champ

Now if the superchamp had to fight the World title holder then I would agree but fact it he doesnt

Fact is the interim belt is more legit because its in the system and a fighter can force a fight with the World Title holder...now that's fair play inside a regulated system

Unlike the World title holder cant force a fight with the super champ...now it's clear thats not a fair system

So as far as being a belt that can be won and challenged through a point system the super champ belt has less credibility

Yes Cotto is the better fighter...however fact is though the belt was created so a fighter like cotto can have a belt and not defend it unless he wants to...and he can pick who its against...now that's not legit is it?

The WBA 'Regular' belt, or more so the WBA itself to be defended/endorsed, call it what you will, and also then refuted/explained, both in length by Kegsy in another post CLEARLY goes to show what a **** organisation it has become.

It is easily the biggest joke of the sanctioning bodies (well pushing it now considering the WBO have sanctioned Yamaguchi, the career Bant. / Super Bant. and yes the one who fought Dib to fight for the WBO Feather belt, Yamaguchi only having fought once at Feather in the noted contest for a 'No contest 'result!), however back on point, the WBA is a farce and this 'Regular / Super' champ status they have bestowed on boxing is a joke.

It's actually sad that the two oldest sanctioning bodies (WBC / WBA) have become the biggest joke as far as credability - Silver / Diamond / Emeritis / Regular / Super all equal one word - FARCE!
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #49
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

the 'world title'belts are what they are. there has never been just one champion, look back before these WBA and WBC there was the BBBofC world champ, NYSAC world champ, EBA world champ, The Ring world champ and even Les Darcy Australian world champ.

The WBA basically recognise a unified champion, basically king of the division and then open up a new title to fight for. Interesting marketing from the WBA to make the superchamp belt like the old school ones
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #50
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Right View Post
the 'world title'belts are what they are. there has never been just one champion, look back before these WBA and WBC there was the BBBofC world champ, NYSAC world champ, EBA world champ, The Ring world champ and even Les Darcy Australian world champ.

The WBA basically recognise a unified champion, basically king of the division and then open up a new title to fight for. Interesting marketing from the WBA to make the superchamp belt like the old school ones
There are more belts now than ever before and it's getting worse every year.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #51
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

and I am also suprised that no promoter has been game enough to go away from the sanctioning bodies like the UFC. What is to stop a cashed up promoter such as GBP changing their brand to UBC (Ulimate Boxing Championship) and crowning their own world champions.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #52
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

there re more champions now. just pointing out that the myth of one universal sanctioned champion was never the case, and there have always been multi champions, therefore giving thye likes of Mundine and Green the ability to call themselves 3 times world champions. You may not cred it, but they are telling it what it is, and you got to sell it.

Also in regards to the crazy amount of belts, I feel one difference to the past is weight divisions. There really is no need for cruiser, sup mid, light mid etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
There are more belts now than ever before and it's getting worse every year.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #53
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Right View Post
and I am also suprised that no promoter has been game enough to go away from the sanctioning bodies like the UFC. What is to stop a cashed up promoter such as GBP changing their brand to UBC (Ulimate Boxing Championship) and crowning their own world champions.
It would just add another bloody set of titles and further dillute the quality of the belt holders and title fights.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #54
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

As ludicrous as is sounds Lead Right is actually not too far off the mark regarding golden boy promotions and some of their plans.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #55
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i cant believe you blokes think mundog would fight a real fringe fighter!!

this fight wont happen.!!
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #56
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
i cant believe you blokes think mundog would fight a real fringe fighter!!

this fight wont happen.!!

It's not happening very quickly that's for sure Sally.

Last heard team Trout were going to be looking at a contract this week.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2011, 07:39 PM   #57
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Sounds from the article below that the hold-up is at this end - Khoder playing more of his games perhaps?

Trout: Mundine yet to sign contract for Australia bout

by Phil D. Jay - World Boxing News - 14th July 2011

‘No Doubt’ has slight doubts over title defence

WBA light-middleweight champion Austin Trout is still hoping to finalize his next title defence after revealing to WBN that potential challenger Anthony Mundine is yet to put pen to paper for their discussed August match-up.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The 25 year-old made a successful first defence of his title against David Lopez last month and is hoping that his second defence will take place in the challenger’s home country of Australia.

“I’m excited to go to Australia first of all, it has been a country that I have always wanted to visit,” Trout told World Boxing News.

“I want the fight with Mundine, he is a former two-time world champion and just the name I need to possibly get me even bigger names.

“All I want is Mundine’s camp to stop playing with us and sign the contract so we can get the media involved in promoting this fight,” he added.

Mundine, 36, was thought to be keen on the title shot as he would get home advantage for the fight due to the monetary aspect of holding the bout down under.

‘The Man’ now has to decide whether to accept as Trout wanted to hold the bout in August and time is fast running out.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #58
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

So waiting on Choc now, after calling out trout/alvarez for nearly a year...

What a punk!!
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #59
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pathetic.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #60
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thats all we need Anthony. Is it too much to ask??
Hmmm is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum