Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #31
Darkshark
Just another Newbie
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: what a fantastic card on GREEN'S fight night!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Tending to agree with you that Vea might have the edge.

Thought Colonel Sanders would have got that giant chook of yours by now mate.
Good point, time for a change I reckon....
Cameron's a bit ****ed really - if Vea doesn't do the damage Green will for sure. Did you see Kenny Reinsfield talking about how a Cameron - Green fight would be here in NZ?!? Keep dreaming Kenny...
Darkshark is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #32
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Just spoke to someone in Camerons camp and was told Shane is in the best shape he's been in six years, though I doubt he would have told me "Nah, he's been down the pub and hasn't hit the bag once."
Undercard from top to bottom is a ripper, look forward to catching up with some of you next week.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #33
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshark View Post
Good point, time for a change I reckon....
Cameron's a bit ****ed really - if Vea doesn't do the damage Green will for sure. Did you see Kenny Reinsfield talking about how a Cameron - Green fight would be here in NZ?!? Keep dreaming Kenny...

Dreams are free I guess.

You didn't have to change the giant chook avatar on my account though mate. But do see the Colonel makes good use of him - there's a few family buckets in that lot!

Speaking of avatars. Do you like my new one LEON?
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #34
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

I did lol, yes.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 07-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #35
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

<in Winston Churchill's voice> "We are all cunts"
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 12:01 AM   #36
Darkshark
Just another Newbie
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Dreams are free I guess.

You didn't have to change the giant chook avatar on my account though mate. But do see the Colonel makes good use of him - there's a few family buckets in that lot!
Nah it's not on your account - just change these things from time to time and you brought it to my attention I guess...

Leon - Cameron looks great, and he's much better suited to cruiser IMO was just doing too many weights to keep his weight respectable at heavy.
Should be a brilliant card, hope we get the whole thing over here - not just the Cameron fight. Am a bit worried as it's free to air on Maori TV and they've made a few mistakes (or deliberately) and only shown certain fights before...
It's only really being promoted as Cameron vs. Vea over here, which I guess is pretty understandable - most Kiwi's probably don't even know who Tarver is beyond "that guy from the last Rocky movie..."
Old 07-13-2011, 12:04 AM   #37
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

I'm really excited for Ben Rabah's fight, as usual he's looked awesome in training and if ever a fighter deserved a break its Choc.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #38
dawsosj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

i just cant seem to get sold on shane cameron being more than a journeyman or lower tier contender at best at cruiser, im probably very biased but i see greeny destroying him quite easily from looking at that footage. Cameron vs vea will almost steal the thunder from the main event imo it could be an all out war.
dawsosj is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #39
Darkshark
Just another Newbie
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsosj View Post
i just cant seem to get sold on shane cameron being more than a journeyman or lower tier contender at best at cruiser, im probably very biased but i see greeny destroying him quite easily from looking at that footage. Cameron vs vea will almost steal the thunder from the main event imo it could be an all out war.
Yup - Cameron wont ever be a world beater, but he's still better off at cruiser than heavy IMO.
He got wobbled in the third round (I think) and took 11 to TKO Robert Davis. 'Nuff said.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:04 AM   #40
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

these fights should be *******s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looking forward to seeing cronje too.
buster007 is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 05:23 AM   #41
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Team Green have forked out something like $1.3Million to get 4 time world champion Tarver out here, and assembled an excellent card underneath their main event.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #42
DBerry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Team Green have forked out something like $1.3Million to get 4 time world champion Tarver out here, and assembled an excellent card underneath their main event.
And that's the reality, a value for money fight night, great under card along with the chance to see a great boxer, a future hall of famer if your into that wank, movie star and boxing super star, all be it in the twilight of his career, live here in Australia. And there are stupid cunts who will never be satisfied (believe me Tool'saClit this will be a better night out than Millie Minogue at the Albury RSL) getting on and bagging this show and trying to discredit those involved.

O.K. I get it, Danny Green is not the #1 cruiser weight, I new that before any one pointed it out, but at least he isn't trying to fight Mostyn Niemann before he develops with an undercard of our cheapest and most desperate fighters fighting cabbages from Fiji.

So far he has brought over Roy Jones Jr. and B.J. Flores, Both considered worthy opponents until beaten, and put on a great undercard for both fights. This should be encouraged, not condemned.
DBerry is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #43
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Sales arent doing to well PPV wise, its been amped up today and the promotional wheel has been put into action, the Tarver vs Green banner is being put on every site they can get it on, similar to another fight that wasnt selling very well. Good luck to them lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #44
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBerry View Post
And that's the reality, a value for money fight night, great under card along with the chance to see a great boxer, a future hall of famer if your into that wank, movie star and boxing super star, all be it in the twilight of his career, live here in Australia. And there are stupid cunts who will never be satisfied (believe me Tool'saClit this will be a better night out than Millie Minogue at the Albury RSL) getting on and bagging this show and trying to discredit those involved.

O.K. I get it, Danny Green is not the #1 cruiser weight, I new that before any one pointed it out, but at least he isn't trying to fight Mostyn Niemann before he develops with an undercard of our cheapest and most desperate fighters fighting cabbages from Fiji.

So far he has brought over Roy Jones Jr. and B.J. Flores, Both considered worthy opponents until beaten, and put on a great undercard for both fights. This should be encouraged, not condemned.

Nice story there Dingle Berry, however you have purposely not mention two of his fights that were nothing more than a disgrace to AUS boxing. Matched and promoted by Green Machine promotions.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #45
bulij
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Nice story there Dingle Berry, however you have purposely not mention two of his fights that were nothing more than a disgrace to AUS boxing. Matched and promoted by Green Machine promotions.

bulij is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum