Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #46
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,012
vCash: 557
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

It's true. Guys like Marquez, Rubio, Rios and Salido have given us the best recent fights, by far.

Viva Mexico!
Beatle is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #47
Finesse74
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

Mexicans making good fights, having most champs and all that...yeah, but keeping boxing alive?? Come on man

Japan, PR, some parts of Africa; Asian, Europe, etc all have huge boxing markets. Mexicans are way too prideful sometimes....ok all the time really.

I'll tell you what they are keeping alive though:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Finesse74; 07-19-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Finesse74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #48
EL-MATADOR
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 6,392
vCash: 1000
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

Well a Mexican will be getting his ass kicked by a Rican December 3....

Where's the fight gonna be Freddy, NY or Vegas??

Na in all seriousness nothing but love fro this Boricua for my Mexican brothers..

And Bam Bam Rios is the truth..
EL-MATADOR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #49
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The City Of Angels.
Posts: 8,963
vCash: 1000
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse74 View Post
I'll tell you what they are keeping alive though:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Mexico is Amazing is has just about everything...

Beautiful beaches, Beautiful women, The richest man in the world lives there CARLOS SLIM, Cartels that make billions of dollars (EL chapo guzman, made Forbes magazine top 30 Richest and influential people in the world,) World class Soccer team that owns all of America, and competes with the big boys, Has so many champs in Boxing, . Mexico could be Superpower, it even has its own OIL that could make billions, but dumb govenment feeding off of the cartels... and I can go on and on..

Que orgullo.
Doc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #50
Finesse74
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

And about several thousands deaths every year for the last several years. Pero Diaaaaablo!!
Finesse74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #51
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The City Of Angels.
Posts: 8,963
vCash: 1000
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

He means alive as in WOW, like keeping it fresh just Imagine if none of the 5 FOTY would have never happened because of those Mexicans...

Instead the FOTY would have been Klitchso HAYE, and Alexander BRadley... lol

Boxing will always be there, but the superstars and people giving the fans Excitement keep boxing ALIVE.
Doc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #52
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Trying to make a dollar
Posts: 9,604
vCash: 5174
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

Born and raised in SoCal; obviously around a lot of Mexicans. Great fight culture. I am glad to be raised around it.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #53
pong
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

get making a proper mexican heavyweight soon
pong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #54
Ring Master
The Originator
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Rotten Apple!
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 818
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
most come to the u.s., but stay in so-cal, and really that's like being in mexico anyways

and for the most part, a huge percentage of them are being trained by mexicans......


jessie vargas just left uncle roga, do you know why ????
OK, I just have a thing for Nacho (N/H) If I could have any trainer in the world train me from when I was a child it would be without a doubt Nacho Beristain.

Mexico gets a rap as having face first brawlers when in reality there have probably the finest technical teacher boxing has seen. I just think the Mexicans who don't travel outside of their home and master there craft in Mexico deserve some credit.

I think Roger relapsed and is smoking again. That's why he made those comments about Khan and Vargas left his ass. Vargas got skills.
Ring Master is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #55
Finesse74
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Master View Post
OK, I just have a thing for Nacho (N/H) If I could have any trainer in the world train me from when I was a child it would be without a doubt Nacho Beristain.

Mexico gets a rap as having face first brawlers when in reality there have probably the finest technical teacher boxing has seen. I just think the Mexicans who don't travel outside of their home and master there craft in Mexico deserve some credit.

I think Roger relapsed and is smoking again. That's why he made those comments about Khan and Vargas left his ass. Vargas got skills.

Finesse74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:33 PM   #56
mosseylennon
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Tijuana
Posts: 463
vCash: 1000
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Mexico is Amazing is has just about everything...

Beautiful beaches, Beautiful women, The richest man in the world lives there CARLOS SLIM, Cartels that make billions of dollars (EL chapo guzman, made Forbes magazine top 30 Richest and influential people in the world,) World class Soccer team that owns all of America, and competes with the big boys, Has so many champs in Boxing, . Mexico could be Superpower, it even has its own OIL that could make billions, but dumb govenment feeding off of the cartels... and I can go on and on..

Que orgullo.
Mexico needs to follow in the footsteps of some of the south American countries that scrapped everything corrupt and kicked the US out of their dealings then and only then will Mexico be a super power.
mosseylennon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #57
Finesse74
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosseylennon View Post
Mexico needs to follow in the footsteps of some of the south American countries that scrapped everything corrupt and kicked the US out of their dealings then and only then will Mexico be a super power.

I didn't read all his post, but yeah its sad. Mexico could be alot. Why kick out the us though? US wouldn't want the country that they're bordered with to be corrupt or anything like that. If anything I think without the US Mexico could be overthrown by the cartels...don't you think?
Finesse74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #58
mosseylennon
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Tijuana
Posts: 463
vCash: 1000
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse74 View Post
I didn't read all his post, but yeah its sad. Mexico could be alot. Why kick out the us though? US wouldn't want the country that they're bordered with to be corrupt or anything like that. If anything I think without the US Mexico could be overthrown by the cartels...don't you think?

The US doesn't make Mexico any safer no matter what fox news tells you.
mosseylennon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #59
Finesse74
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 3,508
vCash: 500
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosseylennon View Post
The US doesn't make Mexico any safer no matter what fox news tells you.

So the millions that the US gives to mexico to handle their problem isn't helping? Or what you're trying to say is that the money isn't getting to the purpose in the first place?
Finesse74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:01 PM   #60
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Julie Benz Island
Posts: 16,369
vCash: 9653
Default Re: *the official mexicans are keeping boxing alive thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse74 View Post
Mexicans making good fights, having most champs and all that...yeah, but keeping boxing alive?? Come on man

Japan, PR, some parts of Africa; Asian, Europe, etc all have huge boxing markets. Mexicans are way too prideful sometimes....ok all the time really.

I'll tell you what they are keeping alive though:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
FFS... ....
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013