Old 07-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #31
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Getting them last few pounds off

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
It's actually a myth. The difference with metabolism speed from person to person is very small, nowhere near enough to be even a small factor.

The guys that don't gain weight don't gain weight because they eat like a 12 year old girl. Simple as that.
ITS not a myth,
POTHEADS, WEEDHEADS, love eating and are lazy, many of them are not fat.
Exactly you dont know what your talking about, disregarding tonnes of scientific evidence.

Last edited by donizhere; 07-19-2011 at 11:38 PM.
donizhere is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #32
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It's actually a myth.
many potheads eat lots of chocolate and cake and junk food,mcdonalds, dont exercise, and a lot of them dont get fat. Some do, Some dont, Weed makes you enjoy/want food more.

METABOLISM IS A HUGE FACTOR, maybe a lot of america is overweight i dont know and thats where your getting your ideas from.

If we were all same anyone who indulged in chocolate and cake/mcdonalds should be fat its not the case.

Last edited by donizhere; 07-20-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #33
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by donizhere View Post
If we were all same anyone who indulged in chocolate and cake/mcdonalds should be fat its not the case.
Because the ones who aren't fat don't go overboard with it.

And you keep saying junk food which is irrelevant...it doesn't matter what food it is, if your body burns 2000 cals and you eat 1500 a day you won't get fat, whether it's cake or veggies.
BladeJrs is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 12:29 AM   #34
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeJrs View Post
Because the ones who aren't fat don't go overboard with it.

And you keep saying junk food which is irrelevant...it doesn't matter what food it is, if your body burns 2000 cals and you eat 1500 a day you won't get fat, whether it's cake or veggies.
You obviously havent been freinds with people who smoke lots of weed and dont work out they eat easily over 2000 calories a day and many still have toned/slim bodies.

My point is they were eating way over 2000 calories and not puttin gon the slightest bit of weight

There is so much evidence for Metabolism effecting weight
Old 07-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #35
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

These 2 guys are both ripped and talk about Speeding up metabolism, and not worrying about your diet so much when your metabolism is higher.
They are AGAINST reducing calories too much, its not a way to live forever.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bashNpJVHI&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]
Old 07-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #36
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
These 2 guys are both ripped and talk about Speeding up metabolism, and not worrying about your diet so much when your metabolism is higher.
a) I didn't watch because I don't care what a couple of 'ripped guys' have to say in a youtube video. If we sat here and talked about how misinformed people, even people like bodybuilders, are about nutrition we'd be here forever. Just because they claim one thing that works doesn't mean that's the only and/or correct way.

EDIT: To elaborate on what I mean here, I was trying to come up with a simple analogy; think of washing clothes. They walk to the laundry room, spin around three times, pat their head, then put the clothes in the washing machine. Then you ask what's the secret to clean clothes, and they say you have to spin around and pat your head before you put them in the wash. They've attributed the cleanliness to something that doesn't matter in the equation. Now think of the clean clothes = weight loss, the washing machine = calorie deficit, and the spinning/patting the BS things that people come up with to claim is the secret to losing fat. This BS exists all over in the fitness world. The point is all that matters is the washing machine leads to cleans clothes/calorie deficit leads to weight loss.

b) No one said live like that forever.

c) 2000 was a hypothetical number, but you don't know how many calories your friends were eating anyway, you're assuming. If you tell me you were counting their calories I'm gonna call BS.

The point is you're arguing about metabolism, in which the underlying factory is burning calories. The point is either burn more calories with more exercise or eat less. It's simple science, not rocket science.

Last edited by BladeJrs; 07-20-2011 at 01:21 AM.
BladeJrs is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #37
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
METABOLISM IS A HUGE FACTOR,
Bullshit.

If you get 2 random guys at the same weight and bodyfat, get them doing no form of exercise while doing the same day job (office admin for example) and had them consume the same daily calories they'd gain/lose roughly the same amount of weight. If metabolism was a "HUGE FACTOR" the difference in weight between the two would be huge, which doesn't happen.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #38
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
And who the hell are these two? They lost some weight so clearly they're experts in the human physiology field?

The whole "I can't gain weight because I have a high metabolism" thing is bullshit.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #39
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
And who the hell are these two? They lost some weight so clearly they're experts in the human physiology field?

The whole "I can't gain weight because I have a high metabolism" thing is bullshit.
this is interesting because im constantly told i have a high metabolism and i pressumed its why i struggle to put on weight , so does your metabolism affect how you gain weight at all ?
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #40
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMPY KNUCKLES View Post
this is interesting because im constantly told i have a high metabolism and i pressumed its why i struggle to put on weight , so does your metabolism affect how you gain weight at all ?
It's abount consistency. To gain a pound of bodyweight in a week you have to consume 3500 calories over your maintenance (hence the 500 additional calories each day = 7*500=3500.

If your daily requirements = 2500 caloreis and you get that every day then that's 17,500 calories each week. To gain a pound each week you'd have to consume 21,000 total. But people don't track their calories and end up like this -

Monday - 3700
Tuesday - 2100
Wednesday - 2300
Thursday - 3100
Friday - 2000
Saturday - 1300
Sunday - 3000

Adds up to 17,500 calories. Not enought to gain weight. But clearly eating all that junkfood Monday must mean they gain weight!!! People seem to think because they ate a lot on Monday, a little less on Thursday and somewhat over on Sunday they must gain weight, but they eat too little on the other days to make it add up. This is what I mean by it has to be consistent and why tracking calories is important.

It really is as simple as if you're not gaining weight, you're not eating enough. If you're not losing weight you're eating too much. Or as stated earlier - calories in vs calories out.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #41
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Those 2 didnt only lose some weight, there very ripped, so obviously they know something there videos have "Millions of Views" on youtube.

Theres a huge Argument for Metabolism why should we believe you.

Bumpy struggles to put on weight, others put on weight easily.
Its so varied, you cant just say its what your eating.

When someone is trying really hard to put on weight and can't
and another person can easily put on weight.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #42
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Also There has been countless surveys, people put on same food/diet, and the weight loss results in each person vary so much.

Which disproves its just calories.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #43
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
There also used to be a huge argument that the earth was flat.

Seriously dude, unless there's a underlying medical condition, people's metabolisms (assuming similar sizes) don't differ as much as you'd think.
BladeJrs is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #44
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

My mother went on a master cleanse diet, Just honey/syrup and water and didnt lose hardly any weight.

My brother did same diet it even less time than my mom and lost like 20 pounds.

Explain that virus. Exactly its metabolism not calories. Not too mention theres countless surveys and scientific proof to back it up.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #45
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Those 2 didnt only lose some weight, there very ripped, so obviously they know something there videos have "Millions of Views" on youtube.

Bumpy struggles to put on weight, others put on weight easily.
Its so varied, you cant just say its what your eating.

When someone is trying really hard to put on weight and can't
and another person can easily put on weight.
If there's scientific studies proving that metabolism difference from eprson to person has a huge impact on weight gain please post them up.
viru§™ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing