Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Engadine-NSW
Posts: 1,466
vCash: 300
Default Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The contracts called for Everlast or Winning brand gloves, but Green's camp arrived with Grants gloves, carefully screenprinted with the "Green" logo.

A proud Tarver refused to wear them, and armed with the wording of the contract he threatened to walk away from the fight unless they were changed.
But as this was going on Tarver's trainer Buddy McGirt, brought in a fortnight ago for just this reason, picked up a glove and walked away from the crowd.

He put the glove on and felt barely any padding over the knuckle. Beautiful, he thought.

He called Tarver over and told him to try the glove on, and Tarver also soon realised how little padding over the knuckle the glove carried.

"Shut the f ... up," McGirt said, and they walked back and, ahem, reluctantly accepted the glove. It had a devastating effect last night.

More Info In The Link
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 346
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

wow!

Removed padding from the glove, this has been done before, Hyder is shonky. Most likely had them specially made for the fight, who the hell is responsible for approving the use of these gloves? Hahaha no plaster casts so they use gloves with less padding and it backfired on them! hahaha classic.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,987
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

fenech used to love reyes gloves. known as punchers gloves. even though fenech wasnt a puncher. gloves work both ways....
sallywinder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

Reyes due to its shape is a punchers glove (not padding) but WAY more dangerous on your hands & lots of fighters avoid them fearing a broken hand.

If any of this true regarding Green...sad sad stuff really....perhaps Tarver having a lawyer was justified.
Buddy McGirt knows his stuff.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #5
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Under the floorboards
Posts: 2,833
vCash: 75
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

Thats mad, and Tarver used them himself? Im a bit slow, its late here
HeavyT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,206
vCash: 346
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

Is Grit a lawyer m8?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:38 PM   #7
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,987
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

fenech wore them even knowing they would wreck his already damaged hands. no one can doubt jeffs commitment.
sallywinder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #8
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
fenech wore them even knowing they would wreck his already damaged hands. no one can doubt jeffs commitment.

Jeff at times was too committed i might use the word "stubborn".
No shame tho, as in his prime Fenech was a beast.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
Trumpy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

If true , well his cheating caught up with him and Hyders dtupidity caught up with him ,,
Trumpy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #10
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,971
vCash: 1195
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

I really don't understand this. Green wanted Tarver to wear gloves with the Green logo and Tarver refused. McGirt picked up A glove and walked away. Realised the glove he had had little padding. Now as we all saw Tarver was wearing a pair of blue Grant gloves.

The original article states:

The contracts called for Everlast or Winning brand gloves, but Green's camp arrived with Grants gloves, carefully screenprinted with the "Green" logo.

So where do these blue Grant gloves just magically appear from? Tarver brought them here himself? If anything it sounds like Tarver was doing a dodgy. Fair enough to refuse to wear the gloves with the Green Machine Logo but once again we all saw last night Tarver had on BLUE Grant gloves. The article goes on to state:

"Shut the f ... up," McGirt said, and they walked back and, ahem, reluctantly accepted the glove. It had a devastating effect last night.

This makes it sound as if they (TARVER) used the gloves with the little padding. Once again two thing I don't understand. If the contract called for Everlast or Winning where did these Grant gloves come from? Two if McGirt picks up the dodgy gloves and tells Tarver to not say anything and wear them, why are you people saying it was Hyder being dirty?

I am so happy about the result of last nights fight and I am absolutely no Green/Hyder fan but I don't know why you guys are saying it was the Green team doing a dodgy.
daz52 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz52 View Post
I really don't understand this. Green wanted Tarver to wear gloves with the Green logo and Tarver refused. McGirt picked up A glove and walked away. Realised the glove he had had little padding. Now as we all saw Tarver was wearing a pair of blue Grant gloves.

The original article states:

The contracts called for Everlast or Winning brand gloves, but Green's camp arrived with Grants gloves, carefully screenprinted with the "Green" logo.

So where do these blue Grant gloves just magically appear from? Tarver brought them here himself? If anything it sounds like Tarver was doing a dodgy. Fair enough to refuse to wear the gloves with the Green Machine Logo but once again we all saw last night Tarver had on BLUE Grant gloves. The article goes on to state:

"Shut the f ... up," McGirt said, and they walked back and, ahem, reluctantly accepted the glove. It had a devastating effect last night.

This makes it sound as if they (TARVER) used the gloves with the little padding. Once again two thing I don't understand. If the contract called for Everlast or Winning where did these Grant gloves come from? Two if McGirt picks up the dodgy gloves and tells Tarver to not say anything and wear them, why are you people saying it was Hyder being dirty?

I am so happy about the result of last nights fight and I am absolutely no Green/Hyder fan but I don't know why you guys are saying it was the Green team doing a dodgy.
Why are gloves with little padding there to begin with??
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #12
CarltonBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 757
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

Sounds like a load of bull to me although what is that blue stuff in Danny Green's powerade bottle? It's clearly not powerade.
CarltonBlues is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #13
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,987
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Why are gloves with little padding there to begin with??
as far as i know, it is the weight of the glove that counts, not where the padding is situated. i know i fought a few times with old horse hair gloves where all the hair was down in the fingers and just leather on my knuckles. cant say i noticed during the fight though. you seem to forget everything except whats in front of you.

ps. i was a highly forgetable fighter....
sallywinder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #14
mrdoctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,349
vCash: 300
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

I coundnt believe how huge tarver was compared to the weigh in.he was ****in huge.
mrdoctor is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #15
Predator
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chinchecker Headquarters, Geneva
Posts: 1,745
vCash: 500
Default Re: Danny Green Caught With Un-Padded Gloves

Mundine and Green are two massive frauds and disgraces to boxing.

I hope you Aussies have some young blood coming through.
Predator is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013