buster007 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 05:17 AM   #77
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346
Default Re: angelo hyder

Come on m8, Chin up! its not the end of the world, you can always jump the fence and barrack for Mundine haha..

He fought the same as he did BJ Flores, basicly his diet caught up with him. RJJ was nothing, Briggs, Siaca and BJ flores, then you jump to Tarver? wouldnt be so bad if he didnt have a pulse, they should have checked 1st lol.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #78
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase29 View Post
Hyder was giving good advice but Green couldn't or didn't follow it up.
When they got Tarver they thought he was the fat shot fighter of his last fight at H/W.
bingo.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:17 AM   #79
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Read recent comments Hyder has made, the bloke hasnt got a fckn clue he just wants to use Danny to make him money and dont give 2 fcks about his health! He seriousely thinks Danny will rematch TARVER ? WTF lol

Did these idiots not watch the 2nd RJJ fight? hahaha TARVER WILL CARVE HIM UP FOR DINNER!

ANGELO needs to get a real job and stop leeching off boxers and their talents.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #80
bluey
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

i dunno,but maybe green didnt handle the southpaw stance ? angelo seemed to be trying to gee danny up more than givin him solid advice on how to get round tarvers defense,jmo
bluey is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 06:46 AM   #81
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster007 View Post
green barely threw any punches. that's not danny green.
Are you seriously carrying on with this ****? Remember the 2nd Beyer fight? When things aren't going Greens way he becomes more rigid, telegraphs his punches and is afraid to throw. I made a post a couple of months before the Tarver fight saying basically that, as soon as things aren't going his way he loses confidence very easily. Green did hit Tarver with his best punches and guess what? Just as I've previously said, he doesn't hit as hard as he or his fans think. When he was landing his best punches on Flores they were just bouncing off his head like nothing.
When people don't respect your power you're just going to get countered everytime you throw, Flores wasn't good enough but Tarver is a very good counter puncher and landed shots everytime Green went for it. Greens confidence left and he was afraid to move his hands because he was constantly getting beaten to the punch with harder shots.
Tarver made Green look like he wasn't the usual Green, so did Beyer and Mundine. That is your distorted perception of the guy, that is the real Danny Green we saw last night. When he doesn't have a punching bag in front of him he gets lost, time to face reality and quit making excuses.
Tarver isn't considered a puncher so much but that's the difference between a world class guy and someone like Danny Green. He's just not that good mate.
I thought Hyders advice about throwing short punches was good but he repeated the old 'you have to move to the left of southpaws' which can work on a stationary fighter but for a mover like Tarver it can help to give them more space, you'll notice Tarver was mostly moving to his left which would be the opposite of the traditional advice. He did that to keep his range and set up the straight left. Hyder should've known this and realised instead of repeating the same advice after every round. I think with Greens personality he needs a calmer more reassuring figure in his corner, Hyder tries to fire him up while telling him that he's trying too hard, doesn't make alot of sense does it.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #82
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

when he put the pressure on he punished tarver, tarver admitted it.
tarver couldn't keep his hands up when he was most hurt. green failed to pull the trigger when he should have. yes that's greens fault. i can't tell u why. only green knows why. u can't allow someone as experienced as tarver to recover, u will regret it. and that's what happened.

tarver not a puncher?

green let him pummel him and tarver was happy to oblige. tarver is more than strong enough to ko anybody with a succession of punches.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #83
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

hyder did not do that bad of a job. Green is just not a top fighter and never has been. tarver is just to good
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #84
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
tarver couldn't keep his hands up when he was most hurt. green failed to pull the trigger when he should have. yes that's greens fault. i can't tell u why. only green knows why. u can't allow someone as experienced as tarver to recover, u will regret it. and that's what happened.

tarver not a puncher?

green let him pummel him and tarver was happy to oblige. tarver is more than strong enough to ko anybody with a succession of punches.
I guess Green worked out that it's better to conserve energy rather than throw ineffectual punches.

You see round 7 as being a missed opportunity for Green, when reality it was more Tarver slipping off his game plan for an instant. Tarver was nowhere near stunned enough like RJJ was for Green to go complete assault on him, and both guys knew it too.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:12 AM   #85
noobie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Green grabbed Tarver by the back of the neck when he had him hurt, this cost him a win as Tarver looked gone and the ref pulled them up for a few seconds and the fog cleared.

I think this was the biggest blew of the night, had he been able to tee off a few more punches who knows.
noobie is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:16 AM   #86
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobie View Post
Green grabbed Tarver by the back of the neck when he had him hurt, this cost him a win as Tarver looked gone and the ref pulled them up for a few seconds and the fog cleared.

I think this was the biggest blew of the night, had he been able to tee off a few more punches who knows.
it was a big mistake yes.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:17 AM   #87
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:

tarver not a puncher?

Green landed his best punch of his career in that 7th round, that left hook was flush and caught Tarver unaware. Tarver was stunned for half a second but stayed up and continued on his way. That round was nowhere near as dominant as the useless commentators made out, Tarver was on the defensive and getting low, he wasn't in any real trouble. Watch it again without sound. Green wasn't really landing too much, you're talking like Green could do what he wants in there. Tarver couldn't keep his hands up? Don't be daft, he chose not to put his hands up because he was fine. Defense isn't just covering up in a shell. Green couldn't hit him because Tarver could see everything that was coming, it has nothing to do with pulling the trigger. Tarver said that Green hurt him twice, that's a nice way of saying I felt two of your punches. I suspect they were the body shots that Green landed.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #88
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Green landed his best punch of his career in that 7th round, that left hook was flush and caught Tarver unaware. Tarver was stunned for half a second but stayed up and continued on his way. That round was nowhere near as dominant as the useless commentators made out, Tarver was on the defensive and getting low, he wasn't in any real trouble. Watch it again without sound. Green wasn't really landing too much, you're talking like Green could do what he wants in there. Tarver couldn't keep his hands up? Don't be daft, he chose not to put his hands up because he was fine. Defense isn't just covering up in a shell. Green couldn't hit him because Tarver could see everything that was coming, it has nothing to do with pulling the trigger. Tarver said that Green hurt him twice, that's a nice way of saying I felt two of your punches. I suspect they were the body shots that Green landed.
This.

Quote:
Tarver said that Green hurt him twice, that's a nice way of saying I felt two of your punches
Ouch.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #89
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy View Post
Hyder hit Bob Mirovic alot harder than he hit Green last night.

Mirovic fighting with Hyder in the corner = quality viewing.
Used to thoroughly enjoy Hyder waking up the Croatian Bear from hibernation.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:27 AM   #90
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Are you seriously carrying on with this ****? Remember the 2nd Beyer fight? When things aren't going Greens way he becomes more rigid, telegraphs his punches and is afraid to throw. I made a post a couple of months before the Tarver fight saying basically that, as soon as things aren't going his way he loses confidence very easily. Green did hit Tarver with his best punches and guess what? Just as I've previously said, he doesn't hit as hard as he or his fans think. When he was landing his best punches on Flores they were just bouncing off his head like nothing.
When people don't respect your power you're just going to get countered everytime you throw, Flores wasn't good enough but Tarver is a very good counter puncher and landed shots everytime Green went for it. Greens confidence left and he was afraid to move his hands because he was constantly getting beaten to the punch with harder shots.
Tarver made Green look like he wasn't the usual Green, so did Beyer and Mundine. That is your distorted perception of the guy, that is the real Danny Green we saw last night. When he doesn't have a punching bag in front of him he gets lost, time to face reality and quit making excuses.
Tarver isn't considered a puncher so much but that's the difference between a world class guy and someone like Danny Green. He's just not that good mate.
I thought Hyders advice about throwing short punches was good but he repeated the old 'you have to move to the left of southpaws' which can work on a stationary fighter but for a mover like Tarver it can help to give them more space, you'll notice Tarver was mostly moving to his left which would be the opposite of the traditional advice. He did that to keep his range and set up the straight left. Hyder should've known this and realised instead of repeating the same advice after every round. I think with Greens personality he needs a calmer more reassuring figure in his corner, Hyder tries to fire him up while telling him that he's trying too hard, doesn't make alot of sense does it.

SPOT ON!
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum