Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2011, 04:41 AM   #1
Da_Hurricane_Briggs
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 197
vCash: 1000
Default Green v Cameron in November?

I spoke to Barry Michael on Tuesday at the weigh in and he told me Green-Cameron was basically a formality for November, for the title.

Obviously with the loss it may not happen, but I still think its a very winnable fight for Green and one he should consider.

I mean Cameron hasnt looked overly impressive in his last few fights. I mean sure he KO'd Vea, but I dont consider Vea top quality and Cameron looked ready to go himself there a couple of times.
Da_Hurricane_Briggs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 04:45 AM   #2
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,312
vCash: 850
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

Cameron v Tarver........After Camerons very nice win last night he should be considered back on the international cruiserweight radar and Tarver really like$ Au$tralia now!
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:01 AM   #3
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,705
vCash: 346
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

Barry wont put Cameron in with Tarver, it would end Camerons career and Cameron V Green wnt happen anytime soon now theres no title.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:19 AM   #4
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 3,984
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

that fight is dead in the water.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:19 AM   #5
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,312
vCash: 850
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Barry wont put Cameron in with Tarver, it would end Camerons career and Cameron V Green wnt happen anytime soon now theres no title.
Tarver v Cameron would be a nice match up and likely bring reasonable $$$$

After seeing Green get demolished by a legit cruiser I can only imagine a repeat at the hands of Cameron. Green needs to assess his lifestyle options ahead of his boxing career in cruiserweight.

Tarver v Cameron would sell. Cameron last night stepped out of his own shadow and made a fairly significant statement in cruiser-weight. He is not a spring chicken and his days of making reasonable cash are drawing near to an end for as long as he only just gets over the line with domestic fighters.

Tarver made it abundantly clear he has a passport and he likes the Aussie coat of arms on it.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:43 AM   #6
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
Tarver v Cameron would be a nice match up and likely bring reasonable $$$$

After seeing Green get demolished by a legit cruiser I can only imagine a repeat at the hands of Cameron. Green needs to assess his lifestyle options ahead of his boxing career in cruiserweight.

Tarver v Cameron would sell. Cameron last night stepped out of his own shadow and made a fairly significant statement in cruiser-weight. He is not a spring chicken and his days of making reasonable cash are drawing near to an end for as long as he only just gets over the line with domestic fighters.

Tarver made it abundantly clear he has a passport and he likes the Aussie coat of arms on it.
I cant see Tarver fighting someone like Cameron. It'd be a nightmare to market in the States, and at 42, he would be after another way to make some quick coin.

A Green rematch would be far more likely IMO.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:29 AM   #7
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,312
vCash: 850
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
I cant see Tarver fighting someone like Cameron. It'd be a nightmare to market in the States, and at 42, he would be after another way to make some quick coin.

A Green rematch would be far more likely IMO.
How was the Green v Tarver fight marketed back to the States with a telecast showing live at 4:30am on a Wednesday morning?

The American market is a moot point for a 42yr old fighter, I wouldn't bother wanting to know what the PPV figure would have been for last night in the US, it most definitely have been well shadowed by interest and $$$ here in Australasia.

The card and the exposure to which Tarver put his name would imo set up another lucrative pay day down under against Cameron. Green simply doesn't cut it at Cruiser and it would be more of the same for him, bad health decision. better off promoting, putting his name to this (Green Machine)and setting Tarver up v Cameron.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:30 AM   #8
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,705
vCash: 346
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

Tarver V Green II would be gold, id pay to see Danny get knocked out again lol
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #9
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
How was the Green v Tarver fight marketed back to the States with a telecast showing live at 4:30am on a Wednesday morning?

The American market is a moot point for a 42yr old fighter, I wouldn't bother wanting to know what the PPV figure would have been for last night in the US, it most definitely have been well shadowed by interest and $$$ here in Australasia.

The card and the exposure to which Tarver put his name would imo set up another lucrative pay day down under against Cameron. Green simply doesn't cut it at Cruiser and it would be more of the same for him, bad health decision. better off promoting, putting his name to this (Green Machine)and setting Tarver up v Cameron.
I have no idea about the US PPV, and never really thought about it. But you're probably right.
Still, even domestically I fail to see Cameron drawing in a good Aussie crowd.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #10
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the heart of the Saints...
Posts: 2,312
vCash: 850
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
I have no idea about the US PPV, and never really thought about it. But you're probably right.
Still, even domestically I fail to see Cameron drawing in a good Aussie crowd.
I agree that Green v Tarver is a handy payday rematch....right marketing could see this maybe gross more than last night here in Aus, but for mind having watched Cameron step up with a very powerful display I'd like to see earn a good payday down under before it's to late. Barry should be working his pants off for this, it would be a healthy notch in his belt as a promoter.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:22 AM   #11
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 702
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

was that even PPV in the US?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
I have no idea about the US PPV, and never really thought about it. But you're probably right.
Still, even domestically I fail to see Cameron drawing in a good Aussie crowd.
Lead Right is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:29 AM   #12
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
Cameron v Tarver........After Camerons very nice win last night he should be considered back on the international cruiserweight radar and Tarver really like$ Au$tralia now!
pmsl.
u have a terrific sense of humour.
buster007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #13
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

I think there's an even money chance Danny Green will retire. If he goes on it will be for an Antonio Tarver rematch. That was the first time Cameron has impressed at cruiserweight. Green would handle Cameron easily if they met and that's why he was next on their list.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #14
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,075
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

Cronjes team would love to fight Cameron. Trust me on this, Pieter would really, really like to fight Cameron. Some behaviour backstage won't be forgotten.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #15
Likatiga
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Default Re: Green v Cameron in November?

Would have liked to have seen this happen if Green had of won last night. Can't see it happening now. What a great last round Cameron and Vea put on last night, only got to the pub to see the last round and it was a war.
Likatiga is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013