Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 07-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #61
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Getting them last few pounds off

no im not overweight im slim,
and no blade im not disputing that cutting calories will effect your weight.
donizhere is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #62
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

well as i said virus my mom lost 3 pounds in a 18 day maple syrup cleanse
my brother lost almost 20 pounds in a 10 day maple syrup cleanse,

big difference in results and he did less time on the same diet.

I think people usually weigh themselves with some clothes on before they start. Just a hunch.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #63
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by donizhere View Post
well as i said virus my mom lost 3 pounds in a 18 day maple syrup cleanse
my brother lost almost 20 pounds in a 10 day maple syrup cleanse,

big difference in results and he did less time on the same diet.
Unless your mom and brother are the same gender, height and weight, the point is moot. We're not talking about every single person in the world having the same BMR.
BladeJrs is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #64
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Virus if your claiming every human should have the same results of weight loss after the same amount of Dieting/Cleansing/Fasting... your incredibly wrong.
(Which you are by claiming its only caloric intake that effects weight loss)

The results can differ drastically.

Countless people have posted different results for the same fast/diet/cleanse websites.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #65
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeJrs View Post
Unless your mom and brother are the same gender, height and weight, the point is moot. We're not talking about every single person in the world having the same BMR.
No but virus claimed that only caloric intake effects weight loss, so by your post i assume you disagree with him.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #66
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
No but virus claimed that only caloric intake effects weight loss,
Calories ARE the only thing that effect weight loss/gain. If you eat too much you gain, eat less and you lose. Everything else involved is branched off from cals. You're acting like metabolism has nothing to do with burning calories.

Why do you diet? To cut CALORIES to lose weight. Why do you exercise to lose weight? To burn more CALORIES to lose weight. It's all about the calories man.
BladeJrs is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #67
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Calories ARE the only thing that effect weight loss/gain. If you eat too much you gain, eat less and you lose. Everything else involved is branched off from cals. You're acting like metabolism has nothing to do with burning calories.

Why do you diet? To cut CALORIES to lose weight. Why do you exercise to lose weight? To burn more CALORIES to lose weight. It's all about the calories man.

I phrased the caloric intake sentance wrong, i meant Virus believes metabolism has little or no effect on burning calories, which is easily disproved.

You just claimed BMR also has a effect on different weight losses in different individuals
So you clearly implied BMR has a effect on weight loss rates

Virus said metabolism has almost no effect on weight loss. So you therefore disagree with him.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #68
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
I phrased the caloric intake sentance wrong, i meant Virus believes metabolism has little or no effect on burning calories, which is easily disproved.

You just claimed BMR also has a effect on different weight losses in different individuals
So you clearly implied BMR has a effect on weight loss rates

Virus said metabolism has almost no effect on weight loss. So you therefore disagree with him.
It doesn't have much of an effect. Even most of the weight gain associated with 'thyroid problems' is water.

Anecdotal stories of 'friends' who can eat anything, not exercise and stay slim have never been proven in a research setting. Do you really know the total weekly calorie intake of said friend?

Likewise people who say 'it doesn't matter how little i eat i still stay fat' - well, go and look through the fridge and cupboards of those guys.

As my POW grandad used to say, he didn't see anyone come out of those prison camps fat.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #69
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Even most of the weight gain associated with 'thyroid problems' is water.
Well I agree with everything else you said, but this part is simply not true.
BladeJrs is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #70
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
Well I agree with everything else you said, but this part is simply not true.
I can only go on the research I have read, which supports what I wrote.

There are physical laws that seem immutable and one that we all currently subscribe to is that a system cannot create more energy than is put into it. Seeing as body fat is stored energy then even a lazy thyroid cannot break the laws of physics ans store more energy than is being consumed.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 01:12 PM   #71
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
It doesn't have much of an effect. Even most of the weight gain associated with 'thyroid problems' is water.

Anecdotal stories of 'friends' who can eat anything, not exercise and stay slim have never been proven in a research setting. Do you really know the total weekly calorie intake of said friend?

Likewise people who say 'it doesn't matter how little i eat i still stay fat' - well, go and look through the fridge and cupboards of those guys.

As my POW grandad used to say, he didn't see anyone come out of those prison camps fat.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #72
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
I can only go on the research I have read, which supports what I wrote.

There are physical laws that seem immutable and one that we all currently subscribe to is that a system cannot create more energy than is put into it. Seeing as body fat is stored energy then even a lazy thyroid cannot break the laws of physics ans store more energy than is being consumed.
As someone who in the past was 220lbs and dropped to a steady weight of 160-165 after discovering my thyroid problem (without changing any habits,) I can tell you that you're wrong to assume it's just water weight with thyroid problems.

Only thing that sucks is I have a pill I have to take every morning for the rest of my life probably.
BladeJrs is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #73
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It doesn't have much of an effect.
*******Complete Evidence Metabolism Plays a huge part*****
If it had no effect, every human who fast/diet on water or juice would have exactly same results of weight loss for same length of fast/diet 10/20/30day.
As it is the Results vary so much and sometimes drastically.

Blade soon as you mention BMR, it implies metabolism is a factor in weight loss and a huge one.

As for water weight, its easily lost but painful in 1 day you can lose like 30lbs of water weight using certain techniques, bodybuilders have done so.
People dont need to diet to lose water weight.

LOL at virus saying clothes in past post.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #74
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
As someone who in the past was 220lbs and dropped to a steady weight of 160-165 after discovering my thyroid problem (without changing any habits,) I can tell you that you're wrong to assume it's just water weight with thyroid problems.

Only thing that sucks is I have a pill I have to take every morning for the rest of my life probably.
Well as you've been through it, you have my sympathy. But are you seriously telling me that your dietary and exercise habits are exactly the same as when you were 60 pounds heavier?

What pill is this?
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 07-22-2011, 01:40 AM   #75
BladeJrs
N/A
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Blade soon as you mention BMR, it implies metabolism is a factor in weight loss and a huge one.
How are you not comprehending that obviously metabolism is a factor in weight loss since it burns calories!? If BMR had nothing to do with calories, it'd have nothing to do with weight loss. It's all revolves around calories.

Quote:
As for water weight, its easily lost but painful inin 1 day you can lose like 30lbs of water weight using certain techniques, bodybuilders have done so.
That numbers a bit high, and after about 15 lbs of water weight generally it starts to become unsafe. Plus you can't live like that, it's for very short term purposes.

Quote:
Well as you've been through it, you have my sympathy. But are you seriously telling me that your dietary and exercise habits are exactly the same as when you were 60 pounds heavier?

What pill is this?
I wasn't trying to play the sympathy card, just pointing out that I also know from experience with it...but yes, same workout schedule and eating habits because it was during college when I had the same schedule from week to week so there wasn't much room to change any habits anyway. After being on my medication for a while my hormonal levels corrected and weight started to just drop off, and after about 8 months I was down 60 lbs where Ive stayed ever since. It's also not like I got prescribed medication then all of a sudden had some drastic change in any habits that would allow me to to lose 60lbs in that amount of time anyway; basically meaning there would have had to have been some drastic change to lose that much, but there really wasnt, so my point is there's definitely more to it than just water weight with the thyroid gland.

Levothyroxine or synthroid as a backup when I'm late to refill.
BladeJrs is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing