boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 700
Default Klitschko Head of Security: No Doubt Wladimir Was Poisoned Against Brewster

Yes, I know, this was years ago, and here's yet ANOTHER thread on the subject.

My belief has been that it could have been a poisoning of some sort, but that it was unlikely.
I thought it was a fluke medical event, and had really put the entire situation and any discussion
about it in the back of my mind....too far in the past to bring up.

However, after this interview I may be rethinking my belief that it was probably not a poisoning.

This is translated to English, so it's rough, but readable.

- Let's touch awkward situation with the first fight against Lamon Brewster, Vladimir. Then Klitschko in the fifth round was unexpectedly lose power and eventually lost the fight. It was believed that when Vladimir had been poisoned. It is substandard work of the team Klitschko?

- With a not remove the blame for that situation. But I can state with full responsibility that the more similar will never happen again. While I was working alone - without a buddy. I myself could not imagine how much can be insidious and dangerous side of the opponent. But after that incident we have done everything to avoid similar future cases.

- Are you sure that Volodya then really poisoned?

- I'm in no doubt about it. Look at the actions of Vladimir in the battle, and you'll soon all will become clear.

- Most of the poisoning was interested Vladimir Don King?

- We have only circumstantial evidence. Without evidence, I can not poke your finger into it. But I can tell you that from Don King just blows negative.
BoxingDomain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2011, 01:03 AM   #2
Dio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 429
Default Re: Klitschko Head of Security: No Doubt Wladimir Was Poisoned Against Brewster

Golota was too poisoned.
Dio is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
TheGreat
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 962
Default Re: Klitschko Head of Security: No Doubt Wladimir Was Poisoned Against Brewster

I guess a hard left hook is poison.
TheGreat is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
VanillaKilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Volodya? Yeah, I'm sure its not biased
VanillaKilla is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:22 AM   #5
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingDomain View Post

My belief has been that it could have been a poisoning of some sort, but that it was unlikely.
I thought it was a fluke medical event, and had really put the entire situation and any discussion

However, after this interview I may be rethinking my belief that it was probably not a poisoning.

- Let's touch awkward situation with the first fight against Lamon Brewster, Vladimir. Then Klitschko in the fifth round was unexpectedly lose power and eventually lost the fight. It was believed that when Vladimir had been poisoned. It is substandard work of the team Klitschko?

- With a not remove the blame for that situation. But I can state with full responsibility that the more similar will never happen again. While I was working alone - without a buddy. I myself could not imagine how much can be insidious and dangerous side of the opponent. But after that incident we have done everything to avoid similar future cases.

- I'm in no doubt about it. Look at the actions of Vladimir in the battle, and you'll soon all will become clear.

- We have only circumstantial evidence. Without evidence, I can not poke your finger into it. But I can tell you that from Don King just blows negative.
The poison only worked enough to tire Wladimir?
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #6
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2225

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat View Post
I guess a hard left hook is poison.
Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:27 AM   #7
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingDomain View Post

He is right. Wlad was poisened in this fight.

But the most intrest was not by Don King, IMO is was Fritz Sdunek who wants Wladimir to split with Emanuel Steward. It was and is obvious.

Good to see that they learned from this and that Wlad has security around him. And Sdunek not in his corner again. So this will not happen again.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:30 AM   #8
Koman600
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

i dont get why people dismiss the idea that wlad could of been poisoned in the fight...

hell were talking about don king here....

seeing as wlad destroyed brewster in the rematch...
Koman600 is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:32 AM   #9
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Would not suprise me one bit. Wlad was completwly dominant until the last 15-30 seconds of that fourth round, when he started stumbling around for no apparent reason. He then procedes to turn a combination of ashen and blue in between rounds and then retreats into a corner and gets finished at the start of round five.

Some real Twilight Zone stuff...
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:35 AM   #10
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisi View Post

But the most intrest was not by Don King, IMO is was Fritz Sdunek who wants Wladimir to split with Emanuel Steward. It was and is obvious.

Good to see that they learned from this and that Wlad has security around him. And Sdunek not in his corner again. So this will not happen again.

WAIT! WHAT??? Sdunek poisioned Wlad....

You cannot possibly believe that that? Too bad for Tritz is Vitaly ever finds out.
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:36 AM   #11
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

What's funny is that people give the benefit of the doubt to Don King over Wlad here. It'd be foolish to rule it out and assume any fight is 100% on the level when King's involved, especially with the other red flags present in this one.

I can't prove it, and even if I could, I still give Brewster full credit for his heart and toughness that night. But something wasn't right that night with Wlad, and King knew it. That's the primary reason why he kept Lamon away from the rematch while he had the title.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #12
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

We can only guess at what happened but it was very suspicious
Squire is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #13
jisi
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock0052 View Post
What's funny is that people give the benefit of the doubt to Don King over Wlad here. It'd be foolish to rule it out and assume any fight is 100% on the level when King's involved, especially with the other red flags present in this one.

I can't prove it, and even if I could, I still give Brewster full credit for his heart and toughness that night. But something wasn't right that night with Wlad, and King knew it. That's the primary reason why he kept Lamon away from the rematch while he had the title.
Same here, i do not blame Lamon Brewster, he was not involve, nice buddy.

Brewster took the rematch after he was free from Don King.
jisi is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #14
VanillaKilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wlad gassed out, end of story... The better fighter does not always win

Wlad is the better fighter, however, he fought stupid and got disheartened. **** happens, Wlad is no superman
VanillaKilla is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2011, 01:40 AM   #15
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisi View Post

Stranger things have happened than someone slipping something dodgy into a fighter's water, but Sdunek poisoning him would probably be the strangest thing that's ever happened in boxing. I very much doubt it.
Squire is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum