Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #1
ATP
Fringe Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 4000
Default Evander Holyfield Vs Wlad/Vitali Klitschko (Classic's Opinion)

Hey All,

Im not going to make this a prime vs prime thread, otherwise klit-huggers will troll up all night, im going to make this a little different.....Lets say in the past 11yrs, has there ever been a period where a bout would have been possible between Holy & either brother where an outcome WOULD'NT revolve around -
1. The Klits being too green/untested

2. Holy being touted as too old/diminished

Now, in the classic forums opinion,

I know evander has been in the game for a long stretch, but say post-Lewis fights, was he still perceived as a dangerous contender? Even up to the time of the Byrd fight, or his wins over maddalone/savarese, & loss to Ibragimov?

And the Klits say Vitali after the sanders fight & Wlad around the time of the 04 Brewster fight....i havent followed the K brothers early days because they dont intrest me, but am i missing something? I thought a bout between Holy & either brother would be a promoters dream? Especially around that 2003-06 time..

And if a bout went ahead (feel free to name a specific year) how do you see it playing out?

What say you classic friends???

Any input would be much appreciated
ATP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200
Default Re: Evander Holyfield Vs Wlad/Vitali Klitschko (Classic's Opinion)

I strongly believe Holyfield has been shot in every fight post Lewis II, just fluctuating degrees of shot, judging by the video evidence we have. In that sad period, Shot Holyfield has lost to Ruiz, Byrd, Toney, Donald, Ibragimov, & was saved by a small butt-cut NC stoppage against the unknown Sherman Williams. Granted he deserved the decison against Valuev, but people have pointed out that Ruiz & Donald may have beaten Valuev too, yet weren't granted the decisions they earned either. Don King WBA judging stinks.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I think Lewis put the nail in his coffin as a top level fighter, those 2 fights took allot out of him and he was already significantly past his best. BUT if either Wlad/Vitali fought him before Ruiz goto him they would have got allot of credit if they won - which isn't a given, Byrd pressed and made Vitali quit forget the shoulder excuse, Wlad was defensively much more open and didn't pace himself too well.

Holyfield would get loads of credit for a win over either prior to the Sanders loss, it wouldn't be seen as bad a loss as 1 to Brewster/Sanders because they'd be losing to a great, what they would go onto achieve would add bonus points to Holyfield's legacy
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
ATP
Fringe Contender
ESB Senior Member

Great stuff , thanks powerpuncher & Kally, you guys always have thoughtful input This has been playing on my mind all day, started after i watched Hopkins-Pascal 2 (hence the avatar) Got me thinking about hopkins age, then foreman beating moorer then straight into Holyfield still going at it 2day
ATP is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #5
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
I think Lewis put the nail in his coffin as a top level fighter, those 2 fights took allot out of him and he was already significantly past his best. BUT if either Wlad/Vitali fought him before Ruiz goto him they would have got allot of credit if they won - which isn't a given, Byrd pressed and made Vitali quit forget the shoulder excuse, Wlad was defensively much more open and didn't pace himself too well.

Holyfield would get loads of credit for a win over either prior to the Sanders loss, it wouldn't be seen as bad a loss as 1 to Brewster/Sanders because they'd be losing to a great, what they would go onto achieve would add bonus points to Holyfield's legacy
I don't think Shot Holyfield of 2000 onwards can beat either Klit Brother, other than the Vitali who quit on his stool against Byrd with a bad shoulder, because like Byrd, Shot Holyfield would still be there trying to win despite taking a lot more clean punches. In that case, i reckon Lewis's win against the aged 37 year old, but game Holyfield would recieve a boost in value in many peoples perceptions.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
I don't think Shot Holyfield of 2000 onwards can beat either Klit Brother, other than the Vitali who quit on his stool against Byrd with a bad shoulder, because like Byrd, Shot Holyfield would still be there trying to win despite taking a lot more clean punches. In that case, i reckon Lewis's win against the aged 37 year old, but game Holyfield would recieve a boost in value in many peoples perceptions.
Well what about if Holyfield took the place of Brewster he'd do the same or better
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #7
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Well what about if Holyfield took the place of Brewster he'd do the same or better
Sorry no, Peak Brewster is superior to the '04 Shot Holyfield who lost a UD to Larry Donald...

Peak Brewster ('04 Wlad to '06 Liakhovich) is a underrated Grade B powerful pressure-fighter. It took powerpunching & strong physical pressure for Lamon to wear-out & halt Wlad. Do you really believe Shot Holyfield could do the same? I don't. Shot Holyfield was lethargic & had lost any pop from his punches. Honestly '04 Brewster gives Shot Holyfield of that same year a beating. This is coming from a Holyfield fan.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
ATP
Fringe Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Sorry no, Peak Brewster is superior to the '04 Shot Holyfield who lost a UD to Larry Donald...

Peak Brewster ('04 Wlad to '06 Liakhovich) is a underrated Grade B powerful pressure-fighter. It took powerpunching & strong physical pressure for Lamon to wear-out & halt Wlad. Do you really believe Shot Holyfield could do the same? I don't. Shot Holyfield was lethargic & had lost any pop from his punches. Honestly '04 Brewster gives Shot Holyfield of that same year a beating. This is coming from a Holyfield fan.

Yeah kalasinn i believe your saying what i'm thinking.....It sux to see Holy boxing like the walking dead now....& To think the WBC might sanction a fight between Holy & Vitali and day now
ATP is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 08:33 AM   #9
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP View Post
Yeah kalasinn i believe your saying what i'm thinking.....It sux to see Holy boxing like the walking dead now....& To think the WBC might sanction a fight between Holy & Vitali and day now
I would probably cry if Zombie Holyfield fought Vitali next year & got battered & hospitalised.

It would be the second time a fight has made me shed tears, the first being Holmes-Ali.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #10
ATP
Fringe Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yep, Ali was Ratshit...what the **** was he thinking?
ATP is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #11
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
I would probably cry if Zombie Holyfield fought Vitali next year & got battered & hospitalised.

It would be the second time a fight has made me shed tears, the first being Holmes-Ali.
Dude, i shed tears at Tyson-Mcneeley!
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #12
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
Dude, i shed tears at Tyson-Mcneeley!
Why? That was pretty much a prime McNeeley. Unless you want to get really nitpicky about it.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #13
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I strongly believe Holyfield has been shot in every fight post Lewis II, just fluctuating degrees of shot, judging by the video evidence we have. In that sad period, Shot Holyfield has lost to Ruiz, Byrd, Toney, Donald, Ibragimov, & was saved by a small butt-cut NC stoppage against the unknown Sherman Williams. Granted he deserved the decison against Valuev, but people have pointed out that Ruiz & Donald may have beaten Valuev too, yet weren't granted the decisions they earned either. Don King WBA judging stinks.
I agree. Holyfield had a resurgence when he faced Tyson. Seemed to be mentally uplifted by the win even though his skills had still declined quite a bit, but I think losing to Lewis took that mental edge away from him and made him more like a typical shot fighter.
I still think he would have stood a chance against the Klits even somewhat recently given his fighting style.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #14
SenorRamirez
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

VS Wladumir Evander wins by a left hook knock out...wlad wanna clinch,but evander give him a fast left hook...over !

VS vitili Evander wins by TKO:
too mutch cuts on vit face,evander hit mutch dangerous hooks and uppercuts and the right cross....too mutch 4 vitis face :=D
SenorRamirez is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #15
left right left
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
I agree. Holyfield had a resurgence when he faced Tyson. Seemed to be mentally uplifted by the win even though his skills had still declined quite a bit, but I think losing to Lewis took that mental edge away from him and made him more like a typical shot fighter.
I still think he would have stood a chance against the Klits even somewhat recently given his fighting style.
Holyfield didn't look gunshy against Rahman, which was quite a bit after the Lewis fights.
left right left is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum