Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-04-2008, 02:08 AM   #16
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ganoy vs Sor Nanthachai In March??

well done red corner it was a good year, its appreciated posting most fights on youtube also, especially me watching the aus amatuer finals, there are some good fighters there some are average though i feel.....
maco_187 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2008, 12:53 AM   #17
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ganoy v Yodsanan Sor Nanthachai was talked about but that's about as far as it went. Probably safe to say it isn't on Ganoys radar.

Bigger fish to fry. Much bigger

Last edited by perfect jet; 01-07-2008 at 05:13 AM.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 01:19 AM   #18
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet
Ganoy v Yodsanan Sor Nanthachai was talked about but that's about as far as it went. Probably safe to day it isn't on Ganoys radar.

Bigger fish to fry. Much bigger
Much bigger hey.
Must be a very good opponent in mind.
Any names in mind??
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 01:22 AM   #19
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by one in a million
Hi Kegsy do you have direct contact with Jeff or Angelo or do you go by what you read or hear from others? Ganoy is good and will pull this fight off in March . I would love to be there to watch the fight but am unsure if I will still be writing for boxing action this year
They give you the punt??

You should write for Esb,have you ever had a geez at the frontpage articles??

They are some of the most biased bullshit articles written by people with next to no boxing knowledge.
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 04:44 AM   #20
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=Kegsy]Much bigger hey.
Must be a very good opponent in mind.
Any names in mind??[/quote

He'l next appear on an Angelo Di Carlo card in Feb at Brisbane against an imported guy most likely. It will be a stay busy fight.

Stu Duncan will manage Ganoy for a US fight and is working on getting Ranee an IBF #2 elimination bout against a top ten rated fighter. Names on the list include Zahir Raheem and Ali Funeka who are rated in the top 5.

The IBF make #2 elimination bouts "voluntary" meaning any fighter in the top 15 can make a fight with another top 15 rated fighter and request a #2 sanction and the IBF will approve it.

It's early days but I hope it comes off. Ganoy deserves a big fight in the US and might make some noise there.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:49 AM   #21
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
He'l next appear on an Angelo Di Carlo card in Feb at Brisbane against an imported guy most likely. It will be a stay busy fight.

Stu Duncan will manage Ganoy for a US fight and is working on getting Ranee an IBF #2 elimination bout against a top ten rated fighter. Names on the list include Zahir Raheem and Ali Funeka who are rated in the top 5.

The IBF make #2 elimination bouts "voluntary" meaning any fighter in the top 15 can make a fight with another top 15 rated fighter and request a #2 sanction and the IBF will approve it.

It's early days but I hope it comes off. Ganoy deserves a big fight in the US and might make some noise there.
Sounds like good times ahead for Ranee.
A fight with Zzzzzzzzahir Raheem would be extremely tough.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 05:12 AM   #22
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Sounds like good times ahead for Ranee.
A fight with Zzzzzzzzahir Raheem would be extremely tough.
Raheem's style wouldn't really suit Ranee but Ganoy has underated boxing ability.

Everyone talks about his power, especially the right hand, but he has a really strong jab too and an awkward style that makes him hard to hit cleanly.

His power is definately his best weapon though, without a doubt. It's not a stretch to say he would hit as hard as any lightweight in the world.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:21 AM   #23
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
Raheem's style wouldn't really suit Ranee but Ganoy has underated boxing ability.

Everyone talks about his power, especially the right hand, but he has a really strong jab too and an awkward style that makes him hard to hit cleanly.

His power is definately his best weapon though, without a doubt. It's not a stretch to say he would hit as hard as any lightweight in the world.
Yeah i would stick clear of Raheem unless u are getting the IBF number 1 ranking. A bit too much of a risk i feel.

But yeh Ranee is up there no doubt as 1 of the biggest punchers there is at Lightweight worldwide.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 05:22 AM   #24
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
They give you the punt??

You should write for Esb,have you ever had a geez at the frontpage articles??

They are some of the most biased bullshit articles written by people with next to no boxing knowledge.
Maybe one day I will babysit you!
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 05:37 AM   #25
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Yeah i would stick clear of Raheem unless u are getting the IBF number 1 ranking. A bit too much of a risk i feel.

But yeh Ranee is up there no doubt as 1 of the biggest punchers there is at Lightweight worldwide.
The #1 spot is currently held by Nate Campbell. Of course he will vacate it when he fights Diaz for the belt on March 8. The next highest ranked guy is Kid Diamond.

Only the two "highest ranked" fighters can fight a #1 eliminator. It would make no sense for Diamond to fight Ganoy, when he could wait until it becomes vacant after March 8 and fight for that spot against the next highest ranked available guy. Ganoy would probably be too far down the list to be that guy. I think Ranee still hasn't cracked the top ten yet. Ray Wheatley is pushing for him though.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 AM   #26
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

Quote:
The #1 spot is currently held by Nate Campbell. Of course he will vacate it when he fights Diaz for the belt on March 8. The next highest ranked guy is Kid Diamond.

Only the two "highest ranked" fighters can fight a #1 eliminator. It would make no sense for Diamond to fight Ganoy, when he could wait until it becomes vacant after March 8 and fight for that spot against the next highest ranked available guy. Ganoy would probably be too far down the list to be that guy. I think Ranee still hasn't cracked the top ten yet. Ray Wheatley is pushing for him though.
Yeah if he could crack into that top 10 he could get a number 1 spot eliminator.
The likes of a Kid Diamond is a winnable fight for Ranee if he comes with his A game on.
If i remember Sakio Bika was ranked at 8 when the IBF granted a number 1 eliminator with Lucian Bute for the number 1 spot.
Kegsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum