Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 08-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #16
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Training while ramadan?

With it being summer, the days are too long and heat is too intense to get any decent training. Unlike sportstars who have dedicated, expert nutritionists to help them with their food consumption, it's better for us to take a break this month. Just stay away from junk foods and overindulging when you break your fast. You'll put on weight quicker than you'd expect.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #17
sunderland lad
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Last edited by sunderland lad; 09-13-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: AA
sunderland lad is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #18
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
i'm sick of hearing about muslims and how they have to tell the world about their religious beliefs. keep it to yourself man and give the rest of us non muslims a bloody break
Then why go on a thread where the subject is blatently ment for muslims. Jheez so many racist fat white cunts in the world acting hard behind a keyboard
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #19
sunderland lad
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichuchu View Post
Then why go on a thread where the subject is blatently ment for muslims. Jheez so many racist fat white cunts in the world acting hard behind a keyboard
correction mate. disliking islam is not racist. islam is a religion. it's so easy for yous to shout islamophobia as soon as someone criticises your ideology.

my point is that im a christian. i fasted on good friday. but i didnt feel the need to tell the world about it.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #20
sunderland lad
Journeyman

Quote:
Jheez so many racist fat white cunts
and who's being racist?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #21
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
disliking islam is not racist. islam is a religion
Yeah and disliking of a religion is a form of racist

Quote:
my point is that im a christian. i fasted on good friday. but i didnt feel the need to tell the world about it.
Asking if anyother muslim is going to be training while fasting is hardly telling the world about it. The thread title isnt "LOOK AT ME IM FASTING" is it?
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #22
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i lived in the middle east for 10yrs and during ramadan everything stops. all the locals do is change their body clock...stay awake all night feasting and go to bed before sunrise, wake up an hour or 2 before sunset and feast again. hardly a big sacrifice
stewy is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #23
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
i lived in the middle east for 10yrs and during ramadan everything stops. all the locals do is change their body clock...stay awake all night feasting and go to bed before sunrise, wake up an hour or 2 before sunset and feast again. hardly a big sacrifice
What doe that have to do with boxing training?
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #24
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

just train outside the boxing gym for a month and an then get back to it when it's over

if you're sparring someone who is not fasting he will be all worried about hurting you or that it's not fair. I wouldn't wanna spar with someone who is fasting.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2011, 04:14 AM   #25
HoldMyBeer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunderland lad View Post
i'm sick of hearing about muslims and how they have to tell the world about their religious beliefs. keep it to yourself man and give the rest of us non muslims a bloody break
try a little tolerance and open your mind. you might actually learn something..like a perspective on life and people.
HoldMyBeer is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2011, 06:46 AM   #26
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunderland lad View Post
Stop being so sensitive. The thread-starter is just seeking a bit of guidance on training whilst fasting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this training forum? Where people share ideas and tips on training? If reading or hearing about fasting was going to bother you so much, then you shouldn't have clicked on this thread. It's simple.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #27
bam-bam
Journeyman

the guy i give a lift to training is muslim and he says it takes him around 2 weeks to get used to fasting. once he is used to it he can train for the rest of ramadan. I guess that's just him, there are 6 muslim lads at our gym, and they were all off last night so Im guessing they all decided it was for the best.

as another lad said, it will be the lack of water that would do the most damage. Have some time off, and don't put any weight on haha! My coach said the wierdest thing about it is, the muslim lads at my gym seem to make up for the lack of food during the day and eat a lot on a night, then come back a stone heavier in september and have managed to put weight on whilst fasting
bam-bam is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #28
sunderland lad
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
try a little tolerance and open your mind. you might actually learn something..like a perspective on life and people.
Tolerance? muslims dont know what the word means. just look at the OP's reply to my first post.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #29
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Tolerance? muslims dont know what the word means. just look at the OP's reply to my first post.
I dont think im expected to tolerate a stupid comment made about a certain religios group.
Why the distain for muslims dont worry im sure most muslims wont try and take your job you probably work at a call centre
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #30
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I dont think im expected to tolerate a stupid comment made about a certain religios group.
Why the distain for muslims dont worry im sure most muslims wont try and take your job you probably work at a call centre
I like how you complain about racism as you throw out racist stereotypes.
viru§™ is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing