boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao - do you even care?
Yes. 170 80.95%
No. 12 5.71%
I used to. 28 13.33%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #25126
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,252
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Why do you talk down on a fighter for using defense?
Don't look at it that way. He's clueless and ****ed. His opinion from Floyds ppvs to how Floyd fights is just to **** you off more than anything because he's frustrated There is no basis to any of his points. Floyd not having self belief or guts, lmao. Come on bball.
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #25127
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizz42 View Post
This is the answer of a mentally beaten boxing fan ****en excuse maker. ****en Rockem, Sockem robot fan
Wrong this is the response of someone who has no leg to stand on...
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #25128
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Why do you talk down on a fighter for using defense?
I am not talking him down I am just saying if you want to talk versatility Floyd knows one way.......... Box (Defensive)

Manny knows how to Box and how to bang it out if need be... Floyd just wont do that even when its clear he has a dead man in front of him such as Baldimor
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #25129
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,252
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Wrong this is the response of someone who has no leg to stand on...
Yo, you're killing me
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #25130
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,252
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
I am not talking him down I am just saying if you want to talk versatility Floyd knows one way.......... Box (Defensive)

Manny knows how to Box and how to bang it out if need be... Floyd just wont do that even when its clear he has a dead man in front of him such as Baldimor
Classic
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #25131
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 619 Sunny SD
Posts: 18,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Correction: Why brawl when you dont have the ability or the self beleif or guts to?
Bazooka that would defeat the point of the actual "sport"...

the point is to hit and not get hit..

IF you have the SKILL to hit the guy W/OUT getting hit then your "playing the game right"

IS A RUNNING BACK GONNA RUN AWAY FROM THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE AND LOSE YARDS SO HE CAN MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING OR EXCITING OR WHATEVER WE WANNA CALL IT??

I DONT THINK SO CUZ THE POINT OF THE SPORT IS TO MOVE FORWARD..

JUST AS THE POINT OF BOXING IS TO HIT AND NOT GET HIT...

I see what your saying and I SEE THE POINT YOUR TRYING TO MAKE..

Problem is that it goes against "the object of the game"
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #25132
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YUL
Posts: 38,151
vCash: 5685
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
Bazooka that would defeat the point of the actual "sport"...

the point is to hit and not get hit..

IF you have the SKILL to hit the guy W/OUT getting hit then your "playing the game right"

IS A RUNNING BACK GONNA RUN AWAY FROM THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE AND LOSE YARDS SO HE CAN MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING OR EXCITING OR WHATEVER WE WANNA CALL IT??

I DONT THINK SO CUZ THE POINT OF THE SPORT IS TO MOVE FORWARD..

JUST AS THE POINT OF BOXING IS TO HIT AND NOT GET HIT...

I see what your saying and I SEE THE POINT YOUR TRYING TO MAKE..

Problem is that it goes against "the object of the game"
See it from another point of view.

Floyd doesn't wanna brawl cause he's thinking "I can land 4 punches on this guy and he only lands 1 on me, I'm winning this fight easy."

Pac wants to brawl cause he's thinking "I can land 20 punches on this guy and he lands 5 on me, I'm winning this fight easy."

So both ways work. Even if Floyd only gets hit once, he only hits his opponent 4 times. Pac gets hit 5 times, but he is hitting his opponent with 20 punches. And he knows he can dish it out better than anyone else.

Pac has no reason NOT to brawl. But sometimes he doesn't do it cause he can win either way. Pac can go toe to toe with anyone in the sport. He can also outbox a whole ****load of people. Floyd can't really go toe to toe with fighters who are good at it.
PH|LLA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #25133
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 619 Sunny SD
Posts: 18,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
See it from another point of view.

Floyd doesn't wanna brawl cause he's thinking "I can land 4 punches on this guy and he only lands 1 on me, I'm winning this fight easy."

Pac wants to brawl cause he's thinking "I can land 20 punches on this guy and he lands 5 on me, I'm winning this fight easy."

So both ways work. Even if Floyd only gets hit once, he only hits his opponent 4 times. Pac gets hit 5 times, but he is hitting his opponent with 20 punches. And he knows he can dish it out better than anyone else.

Pac has no reason NOT to brawl. But sometimes he doesn't do it cause he can win either way. Pac can go toe to toe with anyone in the sport. He can also outbox a whole ****load of people. Floyd can't really go toe to toe with fighters who are good at it.


I do see it at his point of view..I said it in the post..I see exactly what he is trying to say..

but to do that would be taking away from the actual sport of it..

I mean are the colts gonna run the ball all the time when they can throw and be successful..

I see exactly what your saying....It just makes 0 sense to go "away" from the point of the actual game IF you don't have to...

I should say the Colts should quit throwing then...

Good debate though but I dont see it like that at all.

Your asking the athlete (or wondering if the athlete actually can) to go away from the entire point of the sport..to change the process "on purpose" in winning the game..

That is not what you do and it goes against the entire point of the sport itself...
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #25134
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 619 Sunny SD
Posts: 18,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

back to boxing..

Floyd PROVED his versatility when he showed he can fight "hurt"

Go watch round 2 of Mosley-Mayweather...

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FIGHTER "FIGHT HURT" THE WAY FLOYD DID..

ITS AS IF HE HAS DRILLS IN CAMP TO LITERALLY PRACTICE DIFFERENT POSITIONS HE MIGHT BE IN SUCH AS BEING HURT AND HE EXECUTED THOSE PLANS IN THE REAL FIGHT ("YOU FIGHT THE WAY YOU TRAIN").........

O WAIT, HE DOES HAVE THOSE DRILLS...

Floyd is more versatile than Manny and it shows within his fight game.
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #25135
Blizz42
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,252
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
See it from another point of view.

Floyd doesn't wanna brawl cause he's thinking "I can land 4 punches on this guy and he only lands 1 on me, I'm winning this fight easy."

Pac wants to brawl cause he's thinking "I can land 20 punches on this guy and he lands 5 on me, I'm winning this fight easy."

So both ways work. Even if Floyd only gets hit once, he only hits his opponent 4 times. Pac gets hit 5 times, but he is hitting his opponent with 20 punches. And he knows he can dish it out better than anyone else.

Pac has no reason NOT to brawl. But sometimes he doesn't do it cause he can win either way. Pac can go toe to toe with anyone in the sport. He can also outbox a whole ****load of people. Floyd can't really go toe to toe with fighters who are good at it.
This is why you're looked at as a ****en pac**** with a **** opinion
Blizz42 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #25136
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 619 Sunny SD
Posts: 18,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH|LLA View Post
See it from another point of view.

Floyd doesn't wanna brawl cause he's thinking "I can land 4 punches on this guy and he only lands 1 on me, I'm winning this fight easy."

Pac wants to brawl cause he's thinking "I can land 20 punches on this guy and he lands 5 on me, I'm winning this fight easy."

So both ways work. Even if Floyd only gets hit once, he only hits his opponent 4 times. Pac gets hit 5 times, but he is hitting his opponent with 20 punches. And he knows he can dish it out better than anyone else.

Pac has no reason NOT to brawl. But sometimes he doesn't do it cause he can win either way. Pac can go toe to toe with anyone in the sport. He can also outbox a whole ****load of people. Floyd can't really go toe to toe with fighters who are good at it.
I actually disagree with alot of this Philla..

I have been in the ring many times and it isn't as easy as how u put it, AND IT IS NOT NEARLY THAT SIMPLE..(REFERENCING PARAGRAPHS 1-3

LOL IF ONLY IT WERE...
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #25137
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,884
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Is this a serious question? Pac would even tell u the answer is Mayweather.
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #25138
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,771
vCash: 500
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

floyd hands down *take the test*
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:15 PM   #25139
DEFoverOFE99%
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 437
vCash: 75
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
That was all boxing the man was in reverse.... try again.


u said $May takeing the fight to his opp with the intent of geting them out of there (all the examples i gave are exactly that) ill give u a litile bit of leighway on the brawling part of ur ? but its not mays fault he was to good and his opp in said bouts could not brawl back and make it a dog fight for the most part. if n e thing that is a testimate to mays abitity to take the fight to a opp he his trying to ko and toatally nulify them.
DEFoverOFE99% is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #25140
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 31,118
vCash: 0
Default Re: Is Floyd or manny more versatile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo2006 View Post
Is this a serious question? Pac would even tell u the answer is Mayweather.
it's funny because I bet Pac would agree with that
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015