Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #16
JabCross
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Default Re: Long day at the office

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpunch View Post
@red boy

I never thought of running on lunch before. Yeah, that's a nice idea. I have 1:30pm lunches, so it's perfect. However, will it be impairing for the training later in the day?
It shouldn't impair your evening training at all. When you go for your lunch time run, I wouldn't recommend exerting yourself too much, just keep a nice steady pace that you can keep up over distance and so that you make your body become active in preparation for the evening.

Eat what you usually eat after a run, and also drink something with some caffeine or an energy drink (like Gatorade, NOT an energy drink, like Rockstar) to restore your electrolytes.
JabCross is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 07:50 AM   #17
Olympicdettori
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Long day at the office

The spectrum of immunity could be related to the lack of Zinc so eat some dark chocolate related products or Cocoa.

In fact:

Chocolate = Copper
Cocoa = Zinc & Copper
Dark Chocolate = Zinc

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:55 AM   #18
Olympicdettori
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default

Body is comp

BORKED
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #19
mudpunch
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Default Re: Long day at the office

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabCross View Post
It shouldn't impair your evening training at all. When you go for your lunch time run, I wouldn't recommend exerting yourself too much, just keep a nice steady pace that you can keep up over distance and so that you make your body become active in preparation for the evening.

Eat what you usually eat after a run, and also drink something with some caffeine or an energy drink (like Gatorade, NOT an energy drink, like Rockstar) to restore your electrolytes.
Would oasis juice or plain water be as good to restore my electrolytes...wtv that means lol. I avoid drinking caffeine and energy drink. I drink a lot of water already.
mudpunch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:51 PM   #20
Olympicdettori
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Long day at the office

Sugar quickly to avoid passing out.

I.e. after 90 minutes.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #21
Olympicdettori
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default

BORKED
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #22
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 202
Default Re: Long day at the office

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpunch View Post
I avoid drinking caffeine and energy drink. I drink a lot of water already.
You don't have to drink caffeine...take a pill or two. Coffee's fine too actually.

Creatine is the only supplement that comes close to caffeine in provenness/effectiveness/safeness.

Caffeine is legit and should be used and abused.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #23
mudpunch
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Default Re: Long day at the office

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
You don't have to drink caffeine...take a pill or two. Coffee's fine too actually.

Creatine is the only supplement that comes close to caffeine in provenness/effectiveness/safeness.

Caffeine is legit and should be used and abused.
Pills? What kind?
Other than Gatorade, what should I drink? Coffee?
mudpunch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:36 AM   #24
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 202
Default Re: Long day at the office

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpunch View Post
Pills? What kind?
Other than Gatorade, what should I drink? Coffee?
Gatorade doesn't have caffeine. Coffee is good (I hate it though).

You can take Vivarin or NoDoze or something like that, the absorbtion is slightly inferior to coffee though (i think).
KillSomething is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:56 AM   #25
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Long day at the office

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
You don't have to drink caffeine...take a pill or two. Coffee's fine too actually.

Creatine is the only supplement that comes close to caffeine in provenness/effectiveness/safeness.

Caffeine is legit and should be used and abused.
Caffeine is still a drug and it can have a large impact on mood, it's not a good substance to ingest if you want consistent energy and mood. If you were about to run a 20km race then go for it but it really isn't that helpful to everyday health or training, large doses can have a detrimental effect to performance as it's a diuretic so you lose fluids. All the caffeine in the world isn't going to help you if you're dehydrated.
The two things that you can take that by far have the biggest effect on athletic performance are carbs and water.
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #26
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Long day at the office

A morning jog with light calisthenics helps.

Eat your lunch for breakfast.

Take a walk at lunch. Eat a bowl of oatmeal (easy digestion and carbs).

Go a bit early and skip rope.

---------------------

With that said you should get a few basics and work bags for a good 3 months. With a sedentary job your arm fitness is so low you won't get much out of classes except a butt kicking. If you can hang? Fine. Since you are here? You probably need to turn those chicken wings into dark meat on a heavy bag. Remember endurance not power. Don't bust your wrists trying to "murder" the bag.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #27
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the ring with you impossible to drop
Posts: 13,748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Long day at the office

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
Gatorade doesn't have caffeine. Coffee is good (I hate it though).

You can take Vivarin or NoDoze or something like that, the absorbtion is slightly inferior to coffee though (i think).
Yeah if he wants heart palpitations.

Coffee is by far the best delivery mechanism based on stomach tolerance and side effects. Green tea is a close second, but it can be a bit harsher on the stomach. Pills? Hell no.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:13 AM   #28
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 202
Default Re: Long day at the office

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Yeah if he wants heart palpitations.

Coffee is by far the best delivery mechanism based on stomach tolerance and side effects. Green tea is a close second, but it can be a bit harsher on the stomach. Pills? Hell no.
It takes me 6 pills to get jittery. I'm a bit of an addict. Are heart palpitations harmful?
KillSomething is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013